Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 12:09:46 -0600

435 
ATHW40 PHFO 011809
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC WED DEC 01 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC DECEMBER 01 2010

BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVERS THE LEEWARD COASTAL WATERS OF THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...AND ACROSS THE WINDWARD SIDES OF ALL ISLANDS. LOW 
CLOUDS ARE SCATTERED OVER THE LEEWARD SIDES OF ALL ISLANDS AND 
ACROSS THE WINDWARD COASTAL WATERS. THESE LOW CLOUDS TOP OUT IN THE  
12000 FOOT TO 16000 FOOT RANGE AND ARE BRINGING LOCALLY HEAVY RAIN 
SHOWERS AS THEY MOVE TO THE WEST AT 20 TO 25 MPH. IN 
ADDITION...SCATTERED THIN CIRRUS CLOUDS ARE CURRENTLY TRAVERSING 
THE ISLAND CHAIN OVER THE WINDWARD COASTAL WATERS AND THE BIG 
ISLAND. 

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS A LARGE UPPER LOW CENTERED NEAR 20N179W 
WITH AN UPPER LEVEL JET CURVING AROUND THE SOUTHEASTERN SIDE FROM 
300 TO 600 MILES OF THE LOW CENTER. AN UPPER RIDGE AXIS IS LINED UP 
SOUTH TO NORTH ALONG THE 165W LONGITUDE. PLENTY OF HIGH LEVEL 
CLOUDS ARE TRAVERSING THE RIDGE AND EXTENDING WELL TO THE 
EAST...ALTHOUGH THE THICK LAYERED MID AND HIGH CLOUDS ONLY REACH 
NEAR 162W. ANOTHER UPPER LEVEL TROUGH IS LOCATED FAR NORTHEAST OF 
THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS NEAR 30N146W. THIS TROUGH IS DROPPING 
SOUTH AND SOUTHEAST AT NEAR 30 MPH.  

A COUPLE OF AREAS OF SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND OVER THE 
WESTERN HALF OF THE AREA. THE FIRST WITH TOPS NEAR 45000 FEET IS 
ROTATING AROUND THE UPPER LOW ALONG THE DATE LINE AND COVERS THE 
AREA WEST OF 175W BETWEEN 17N AND 25N. ANOTHER AREA OF ISOLATED TO 
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS IS EMBEDDED WITHIN THE LARGER AREA OF 
LAYERED CLOUDS FURTHER EAST OF THE UPPER LOW. THIS AREA OF EMBEDDED 
THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS TO 50000 FEET...IS CONFIGURED LIKE A 200 
MILE WIDE CRESCENT FROM 10N177W TO 20N166W TO 30N173W...COVERING 
THE NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS BETWEEN LISIANSKI AND 50 MILES EAST 
OF MARO REEF.  

$$

BRENCHLEY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.