Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 15:51:45 -0600

841 
FZPN01 KWBC 012151
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC WED DEC 01 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 01. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 02. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 03. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 51N164E 996 MB MOVING NE 20 KT AND RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
FROM 39N TO 51N W OF 174E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N176E 972 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM NE 
AND SW AND 720 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 
FT...EXCEPT IN SW QUADRANT 15 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N167W 976 MB WITH FRONT FROM 58N155W TO 
52N158W TO 44N168W. WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 360 NM SW 
QUADRANTS...AND N OF THE ALEUTIANS BETWEEN 176W AND 170E WINDS 
30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 27 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 56N171W. ALSO 
WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM S AND 900 NM SW QUADRANTS...N OF 63N 
E OF 172W...AND WITHIN 360 NM E AND SE OF THE FRONT WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.FROM 47N TO 54N BETWEEN 155W AND 166W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 11 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 56N154W 1008 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW AND 
W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N144W 1005 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW AND W 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N137W 1009 MB. WITHIN 480 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N163E 1010 MB. FROM 32N TO 40N W OF 166E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N169E 1007 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 32N TO 44N W 
OF 175E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N171E 1006 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NW QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 25 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N171E 1006 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NW QUADRANT 
AND 360 NM NW OF A LINE FROM THE LOW CENTER TO 40N174W WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 25 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 55N135W 998 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. OVER WATERS WITHIN 240 NM 
OF LOW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 42N 
TO 53N BETWEEN 140W AND 150W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N132W 1010 MB. WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW NW OF AREA 59N172E 988 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS AND EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED ABOVE WITH LOW 51N164E...WITHIN 
420 NM S AND SE QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 17 TO 28 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 51N TO 60N W OF 174W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED NW OF AREA AND ASSOCIATED 
CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 61N E OF 173W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 62N E OF 174W AREA OF E TO SE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 140W AND 177W AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 160W AND 175W AREA OF 
E TO SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 164W AND 173W S TO SE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT. 

.LOW 34N134W 1018 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 180 NM NW QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N131W 1016 MB. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
130W AND 145W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N127W 1014 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 53N165W TO 46N173W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 51N BETWEEN 165W AND 
178W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
52N157W TO 40N177W. 

.HIGH 40N160W 1039 MB DRIFTING NW.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N159W 1038 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N154W 1035 MB.

.HIGH 48N178W 1032 MB MOVING E 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N158W 1033 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N123W 1020 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N167E 1035 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC WED DEC 01.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU DEC 02.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI DEC 03.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 11N98W 
N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W 
TO 13N97W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 11 TO 16 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 12 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W
TO 14N96W TO 10N100W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 120 NM OF 
A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W TO 10N100W TO 09N105W INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20
KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF A
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 12N98W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE
FROM 05N TO 13N BETWEEN 93W AND 107W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 13N96W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 03N TO 12N BETWEEN 93W AND 
109W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 23N NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 25N W OF 114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N88W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 03N 
TO 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 88W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 10N85W TO 05N92W. WITHIN 120 NM NW 
OF TROUGH NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. WITHIN 120 NM SE
OF TROUGH SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 10N85W TO 04N92W. WITHIN 150 NM NW 
OF TROUGH BETWEEN 86W AND 90W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
WITHIN 120 NM SE OF TROUGH SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.

.12 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N137W TO 28N140W. NW OF 
FRONT N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N131W TO 22N140W. NW OF 
FRONT N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N128W TO 19N140W. NW OF 
FRONT N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN N SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC WED DEC 1...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N83W TO 07N95W TO 
LOW PRES NEAR 11N109W TO 10N121W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 108W AND 113W.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.