Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 16:44:39 -0600

197 
FZPN40 PHFO 012244
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC WED DEC 01 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 01 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 02 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 03 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 20N179E 1007 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGH FROM 30N175W TO LOW 
TO 17N176E TO 13N173E NEARLY STATIONARY. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 22N 
BETWEEN 175W AND 170E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 420 NM NE 
QUADRANT AND N OF 27N BETWEEN 167W AND 175W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
FROM 17N TO 20N BETWEEN 177W AND 179W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 20N177E 1007 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 24N179E 1006 MB. 

.FRONT FROM 30N142W TO 26N148W TO 25N156W TO 26N167W MOVING SE 10 
KT. N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF FRONT...AND N OF 23N BETWEEN 167W 
AND 171W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT FROM 23N140W TO 21N150W TO 
23N162W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 23N140W TO 17N146W TO 
13N156W TO 18N164W TO 30N172W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF A LINE 
FROM 20N140W TO 14N150W TO 15N160W TO 20N168W TO 30N173W. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N163E TO 29N160E.
.36 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N168E TO 27N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
NW OF FRONT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST N OF AREA. FRONT FROM 30N172E TO 26N169E
TO 24N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN 170E AND 162E. 

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 26N BETWEEN 146W AND 176W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 29N140W TO 23N156W TO 24N172W TO 19N175E 
TO 14N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 22N E OF 173W. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 20N140W TO 14N156W TO 20N170W TO 
23N180W TO 23N169E TO 30N169E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF 27N W OF 171E. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 30N175E TO 26N168E TO 24N160E. SEAS 
10 TO 14 FT N OF 22N BETWEEN 151W AND 173W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 16N140W TO 12N162W TO 20N173W TO 
30N177E.  

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 10N179W TO 
15N175W TO 22N171W TO 21N162W TO 15N165W TO 10N170W TO 10N179W. 

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 06N148W TO 09N161W...AND FROM 09N175E TO 
06N160E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 05N TO 08N BETWEEN 143W AND 
152W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 06N TO 09N BETWEEN 152W AND 164W. 

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.