Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 18:38:42 -0600

545 
ATHW40 PHFO 020038
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC THU DEC 02 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC DECEMBER 02 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS A LARGE UPPER LOW CENTERED NEAR 20N179W 
WITH AN UPPER LEVEL JET CURVING AROUND THE SOUTHEASTERN SIDE FROM 
300 TO 600 MILES OF THE LOW CENTER. AN UPPER RIDGE AXIS IS LINED UP 
SOUTH TO NORTH ALONG THE 165W LONGITUDE. PLENTY OF HIGH LEVEL 
CLOUDS ARE TRAVERSING THE RIDGE AND EXTENDING WELL TO THE 
EAST...ALTHOUGH THE THICK LAYERED MID AND HIGH CLOUDS ONLY REACH 
AS FAR EAST AS 161W. ANOTHER UPPER LEVEL TROUGH IS LOCATED FAR 
NORTHEAST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS NEAR 28N145W. THIS TROUGH IS 
DROPPING SOUTH AND SOUTHEAST AT NEAR 30 MPH.  

A COUPLE OF AREAS OF SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND OVER THE 
WESTERN HALF OF THE AREA. THE FIRST WITH TOPS NEAR 42000 FEET IS 
ROTATING AROUND THE UPPER LOW ALONG THE DATE LINE AND COVERS THE 
AREA WEST OF 175W BETWEEN 19N AND 26N. ANOTHER AREA OF ISOLATED TO 
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS IS EMBEDDED WITHIN THE LARGER AREA OF 
LAYERED CLOUDS FURTHER EAST OF THE UPPER LOW. THIS AREA OF EMBEDDED 
THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS TO 50000 FEET...IS WITHIN A 250 MILE WIDE 
CRESCENT FROM 10N177W TO 20N166W TO 30N173W...COVERING THE NORTHWEST 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS BETWEEN LISIANSKI AND 50 MILES EAST OF MARO REEF.  

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER 
THE EASTERN TWO THIRDS OF KAUAI...THE KOOLAU MOUNTAINS OF OAHU...THE 
EASTERN MOUNTAINS OF MOLOKAI...THE EASTERN HALF OF HALEAKALA AND 
EXTENDING ACROSS THE MAUI WINDWARD COASTAL WATERS. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS 
COVERS THE WESTERN LOWER SLOPES OF THE BIG ISLAND BELOW 8000 FEET 
FROM WAIKOLOA SOUTH TO NEAR SOUTH POINT...AND BROKEN CLOUDS ARE 
FOUND OVER WINDWARD BIG ISLAND WATERS FROM NEAR CAPE KUMUKAHI NORTH 
TO NEAR PIIHONUA. THE LOW CLOUDS TOP OUT IN THE 8000 FOOT TO 10000 
FOOT RANGE AND ARE MOVING TO THE WEST AT 25 MPH IN AREAS FREE FROM 
TERRAIN. IN ADDITION...SCATTERED THIN CIRRUS CLOUDS ARE CURRENTLY 
TRAVERSING THE ISLAND CHAIN OVER THE WINDWARD COASTAL WATERS AND THE 
BIG ISLAND. 

$$

BRENCHLEY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.