Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 22:03:30 -0600

827 
FZPN01 KWBC 020403
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC THU DEC 02 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 02. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 03. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 04. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 53N167E 988 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SW AND 360 NM 
SE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
43N TO 55N W OF 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N180W 974 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 21 TO 33 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM NE 
AND SW AND 720 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N167W 978 MB WITH FRONT FROM 59N151W TO 
52N153W TO 44N164W. WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 360 NM SW 
QUADRANTS...AND N OF THE ALEUTIANS BETWEEN 176W AND 174E WINDS 
30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE 
FRONT WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. ALSO WITHIN 600 NM S 
AND 900 NM SW QUADRANTS...N OF 63N E OF 172W...AND WITHIN 360 NM 
E AND SE OF THE FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 56N158W 1011 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. FROM 47N TO 54N BETWEEN 
152W AND 166W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N140W 1005 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW AND W 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N134W 1009 MB. WITHIN 480 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 36N162E 1014 MB MOVING E 15 KT. FROM 32N TO 40N W OF 165E
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N171E 1012 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
32N TO 44N W OF 175E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N170E 1010 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N AND NW
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 31N169E 1008 MB. FROM 31N TO 42N BETWEEN 
175W AND 164E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 60N175E 994 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 540 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
13 TO 25 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 61N E OF 173W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 54N134W 1001 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. OVER WATERS WITHIN 240 
NM OF LOW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
42N TO 53N BETWEEN 140W AND 150W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 62N E OF 174W AREA OF E TO SE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 140W AND 177W AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 160W AND 175W AREA OF 
E TO SE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 164W AND 173W S TO SE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

.LOW 34N132W 1016 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 180 NM NW SEMICIRCLE
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N131W 1014 MB. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
130W AND 145W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 31N130W 1009 MB. FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 
130W AND 140W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 53N165W TO 46N173W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 51N BETWEEN 165W AND 
178W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
52N157W TO 40N177W. 

.HIGH 40N159W 1038 MB MOVING NE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N155W 1036 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N154W 1032 MB. 

.HIGH 49N171W 1032 MB MOVING E 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N170E 1037 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC THU DEC 02.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI DEC 03.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT DEC 04.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 11N98W 
N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W 
TO 13N97W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 11 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 12 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W
TO 14N96W TO 10N100W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 120 NM OF 
A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W TO 10N100W TO 09N105W INCLUDING GULF
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF A
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 12N98W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 13N BETWEEN 93W AND 107W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 13N96W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 03N TO 12N BETWEEN 94W AND 
108W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 10N100W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 02N TO 12N BETWEEN 96W AND 
111W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 21N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W TO 09N88W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 04N TO 08N 
BETWEEN 79W AND 85W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 10N85W TO 05N92W. WITHIN 120 NM NW 
OF TROUGH NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. WITHIN 90 NM SE OF 
TROUGH SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N138W TO 29N140W. NW OF FRONT N WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N132W TO 23N140W. NW OF 
FRONT N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N130W TO 19N140W. NW OF 
FRONT N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN N SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC WED DEC 1...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO 07N93W TO 
LOW PRES NEAR 10N111W TO 10N121W TO 07N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 108W AND 112W.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.