Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 22:42:17 -0600

411 
FZPN40 PHFO 020442
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU DEC 02 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 02 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 03 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 04 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 21N180E 1006 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGH FROM 30N176W TO LOW 
TO 17N176E TO 14N172E NEARLY STATIONARY. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 30N172W TO 19N180W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 20N178E 1007 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 25N179E 1006 MB. 

.COLD FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 25N147W TO 25N153W TO 26N164W MOVING SE 
10 KT. N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF FRONT...AND N OF 24N BETWEEN 
164W AND 172W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF A LINE 
FROM 22N140W TO 17N147W TO 15N160W TO 20N167W TO 30N170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF A LINE FROM 25N140W TO 
17N147W TO 15N160W TO 20N168W TO 30N173W. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N164E TO 28N160E. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT NW OF FRONT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N169E 1009 MB. FRONT FROM 30N172E TO 26N170E
TO 24N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 168E AND 161E. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N167E TO 27N160E NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE SW. 

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 26N BETWEEN 149W AND 174W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 29N140W TO 23N156W TO 24N172W TO 19N175E 
TO 14N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 22N E OF 173W. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 20N140W TO 14N156W TO 20N170W TO 
23N180W TO 23N169E TO 30N169E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 15 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N173E TO 
25N160E.  SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 16N140W TO 13N152W TO 
17N170W TO 30N175E.  

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 16N BETWEEN 163W AND 173W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS FROM 09N TO 14N BETWEEN 167W AND 179E. 

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 06N149W TO 09N161W...AND FROM 09N175E TO 
07N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 04N TO 10N E OF 159W. 

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.