Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 23:00:20 -0600

442 
ATHW40 PHFO 020500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU DEC 02 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC DECEMBER 02 2010

THIN HIGH CLOUDS HAVE BECOME BROKEN TO OCCASIONALLY SCATTERED OVER 
THE ISLAND CHAIN.  MOST OF THE CLOUDINESS IS DEBRIS FROM CONVECTION 
OCCURRING WEST OF THE ISLANDS.

SKIES ARE PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY AT THE LOWER LEVELS 
ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE THIS EARLY EVENING.  LOW CEILINGS...SOME WITH 
EMBEDDED SHOWERS...ARE ONLY OCCURRING FROM TIME TO TIME IN WINDWARD 
AND MAUKA SECTIONS ON THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES.  BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ALSO 
EXIST OVER THE LOWER MOUNTAIN SLOPES IN KONA ON THE BIG ISLAND AS OF 
BULLETIN TIME.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS FROM THE EAST TO SLIGHTLY 
NORTH OF EAST BETWEEN 20 AND 30 MPH STATEWIDE...WITH SPEEDS 
INCREASING FROM EAST TO WEST ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN.

IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS...CONDITIONS ARE GENERALLY CLEAR TO 
SCATTERED BELOW THE HIGHER CLOUDINESS.  HOWEVER...FARTHER UPWIND 
FROM THE STATE...LOW CLOUDINESS BECOMES SCATTERED TO BROKEN AND IS 
MORE SHOWERY.  THESE CLOUD ELEMENTS ARE AHEAD OF A FRONT...WHOSE 
LEADING EDGE IS CURRENTLY ALONG A LINE FROM 27.5N140W TO 23.5N150W 
TO A POINT ABOUT 200 MILES NORTH OF KAUAI TO 26N164W.  THE SYSTEM 
APPEARS TO BE HEADING SOUTH TO SOUTH-SOUTHWEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH... 
THOUGH IT BECOMES NEARLY STATIONARY WEST OF 158W.

AN UPPER LOW HAS MOVED TO A POSITION AROUND 1350 MILES WEST OF KAUAI 
AND HAS PUSHED SLOWLY WEST OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.  SHOWERS AND 
THUNDERSTORMS DIRECTLY ASSOCIATED WITH THE LOW ARE LOCATED FROM 15N 
TO 26N BETWEEN 175W AND 178E.  A BROADER AREA OF CONVECTION IS IN AN 
ARC TO THE NORTHEAST CLOCKWISE THROUGH SOUTH OF THE SYSTEM.  MOST OF 
THIS ACTIVITY IS FOUND WITHIN 150 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 
31N174W TO 28N167W TO 19N168W TO 13N167W TO 10N180.  THE HIGH 
CLOUDINESS SWEEPING OVER THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...AS MENTIONED IN THE 
FIRST PARAGRAPH...IS BLOWOFF FROM THE THUNDERSTORMS FIRING IN THIS 
LARGE BAND OF CONVECTION.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.