Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 03:41:44 -0600

398 
FZPN01 KWBC 020941
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC THU DEC 02 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 02. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 03. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 04. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 55N171E 979 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW AND 420 NM 
SE QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
45N TO 57N W OF 174W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N176W 975 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
AND 420 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 21 TO 33 FT.
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM NE...780 NM SE...AND 840 NM SW QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N164W 981 MB WITH FRONT FROM 60N147W TO 
52N150W TO 46N158W. WITHIN 540 NM W SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 45 
KT. SEAS 21 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 46N BETWEEN 157W AND 
177E...AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 21 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 57N154W 1008 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. FROM 47N TO 58N BETWEEN 
151W AND 162W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N144W 1004 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N138W 1007 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N135W 1009 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 37N165E 1012 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. FROM 32N TO 41N W OF 167E
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N170E 1012 MB. WITHIN 420 NM NW OF A 
LINE FROM 30N166E TO 41N178W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH FRONT EXTENDING FROM 
38N168W TO 33N179E TO 31N167E. WITHIN 480 NM N AND NW OF THE 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 62N179W 996 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 360 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 63N E OF 173W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N E OF 173W AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE 
FREEZING SPRAY.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 61N E OF 178W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 54N133W 1005 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 140W AND 176W AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 159W AND 176W AREA OF 
E TO SE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 160W AND 172W S TO SE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

.LOW 35N132W 1016 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 300 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 31N130W 1012 MB. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
128W AND 140W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N127W 1005 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 50N W OF 166E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 52N154W TO 43N176W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 53N BETWEEN 158W AND 
171W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
43N163W TO 35N172W.

.HIGH 40N158W 1038 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N155W 1036 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N152W 1031 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N163E 1035 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N172E 1038 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N121W 1018 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC THU DEC 02.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI DEC 03.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT DEC 04.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N96W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 
15N95W TO 11N99W N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W 
TO 12N98W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 11 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 14N96W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...REMAINDER OF AREA WITHIN 120 NM  
OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 10N100W TO 09N105W...N TO NE 
WINDS WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
120 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 11N100W TO 09N106W...N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. REMAINDER OF AREA 
FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 93W AND 103W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
75 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N98W...N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. REMAINDER OF AREA FROM 04N TO 13N 
BETWEEN 93W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 12N98W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 03N TO 12N BETWEEN 93W TO 
110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NE 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W 
TO 10N100W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W 
AND 100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. S OF 
11N BETWEEN 100W AND 111W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 16N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 20N W OF 115W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.TROUGH FROM 10N86W TO 07N90W. WITHIN 120 NM OF A LINE FROM 
11N86W TO 09N89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. FROM 04N TO 08N BETWEEN 80W AND 85W SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 07N89W 1009 MB WITH TROUGH FROM 
09N84W THROUGH LOW TO 04N93W. FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W INCLUDING 
GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM NW OF TROUGH N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT. WITHIN 120 NM SE OF TROUGH S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 
8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 07N88W 1010 MB WITH TROUGH FROM 
10N85W THROUGH LOW TO 04N92W. WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N86W 
TO 10N89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT. WITHIN 120 NM SE OF TROUGH S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N135W TO 27N140W. NW OF FRONT N WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N131W TO 23N136W WITH SHEAR 
AXIS TO 20N140W. NW OF FRONT AND SHEAR AXIS N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 29N138W. N OF 
27N WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N126W TO 22N132W WITH SHEAR 
AXIS TO 15N140W. NW OF FRONT AND SHEAR AXIS N TO NE WINDS TO 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 26N136W.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC THU DEC 02...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N83W TO 07N90W TO 
LOW PRES NEAR 11N111W TO 08N130W TO 07N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TO STRONG WITHIN 120 NM N OF AXIS E OF 86W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS W OF 120W.

$$
.FORECASTER LEWITSKY. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.