Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 04:45:16 -0600

078 
FZPN40 PHFO 021045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC THU DEC 02 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 02 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 03 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 04 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 19N179E 1006 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGH FROM 30N180W TO LOW 
TO 07N171E NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 12N TO 
30N BETWEEN 163W AND 180W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 21N178E 1005 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 25N179E 1004 MB. 

.COLD FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 23N150W THENCE SHEAR LINE TO 22N155W TO 
27N167W TO 30N172W MOVING SE 10 KT. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF FRONT AND 
SHEAR LINE. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT AND SHEAR LINE DISSIPATED. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF A LINE FROM 21N140W TO 16N150W TO 15N160W TO 25N165W TO 
30N170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N160W TO 
24N155W TO 15N150W TO 15N160W TO 24N173W TO 30N170W.

.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N162E TO 29N160E MOVING E 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N166E TO 27N160E. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT NW OF FRONT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 30N168E TO 26N169E. N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT N OF 26N BETWEEN 162E AND 167E. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N166E TO 28N160E NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE SW. 

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF 25N BETWEEN 149W AND 176W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 28N140W TO 22N160W TO 22N180W TO 15N170E 
TO 15N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 24N140W TO 
19N150W TO 24N165W TO 30N176W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 
FROM 21N140W TO 13N160W TO 23N175W TO 22N170E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 17 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 28N175E TO 
24N160E. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 16N140W TO 11N155W TO 
20N175W TO 28N175E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 16N BETWEEN 163W AND 173W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS FROM 09N TO 14N BETWEEN 167W AND 179E. 

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N160W TO 09N174W...AND FROM 08N166E TO 
09N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ E OF 170W.

$$
.FORECASTER CRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.