Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 06:00:22 -0600

187 
ATHW40 PHFO 021200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC THU DEC 02 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC DECEMBER 02 2010

THIN HIGH CLOUDS REMAIN BROKEN TO OCCASIONALLY SCATTERED OVER 
THE ISLAND CHAIN THIS EARLY MORNING...LITTLE CHANGE SINCE LAST 
EVENING.  MOST OF THE CLOUDINESS IS DEBRIS FROM CONVECTION OCCURRING 
WEST OF THE ISLANDS.

LOW CLOUD CEILINGS...SOME WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS...HAVE BEEN ON THE 
INCREASE ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE...ESPECIALLY IN WINDWARD AND MAUKA 
SECTIONS ON THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES.  BROKEN LOW CLOUDS HAVE ALSO BEEN 
AFFECTING COASTAL AND LOWER UPSLOPE AREAS OF NORTH AND SOUTH KONA 
ON THE BIG ISLAND.  OTHER PARTS OF THE STATE ARE PREDOMINANTLY 
CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY BELOW THE HIGH CEILINGS.  LOW CLOUD MOTION  
IS FROM THE EAST TO EAST-NORTHEAST AT 25 TO 30 MPH STATEWIDE.

SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS HAVE BECOME SCATTERED TO BROKEN UPWIND FROM THE 
ISLANDS IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS...AND THEY ARE MOVING ALONG 
WITH THE PREVAILING FRESH TO STRONG TRADE FLOW.  DISCOUNTING HIGH 
CLOUDINESS...CONDITIONS ARE CLEAR TO SCATTERED DOWNWIND...THOUGH 
THIN BANDS OF PLUME CLOUDINESS ARE GENERATING SMALL AREAS OF LOW 
CEILINGS WEST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND SOUTHWEST OF THE OTHER ISLES... 
AT LEAST FROM TIME TO TIME.
 
AT THE MOMENT...THE LEADING EDGE OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST SHOWERY LOW 
CLOUDS WITH A FRONT IS ALONG A LINE FROM 25N140W TO 22.5N150W... 
CONTINUING AS A SHEAR LINE TO A POINT 190 MILES NORTH OF HILO TO A 
POINT 175 MILES NORTH OF KAUAI TO 26N165W.  THE LEADING EDGE HAS 
BEEN HEADING SOUTH TO SOUTHWEST NEAR 15 MPH SINCE LAST EVENING... 
THOUGH IT BECOMES NEARLY STATIONARY WEST OF 160W.

AN UPPER LOW HAS BECOME NEARLY STATIONARY AROUND 1350 MILES WEST OF 
KAUAI.  SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS DIRECTLY ASSOCIATED WITH THE LOW 
ARE LOCATED FROM 16.5N TO 25N BETWEEN 174W AND 178E.  A LARGER AREA 
OF CONVECTION IS IN AN ARC TO THE NORTHEAST CLOCKWISE THROUGH 
SOUTHEAST OF THE LOW.  MOST OF THIS ACTIVITY IS FOUND WITHIN 250 
MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 32N173W TO 28N167W TO 13N170W.  THE 
HIGH CLOUDINESS SWEEPING OVER HAWAII FROM THE WEST AND NORTHWEST... 
AS MENTIONED IN THE FIRST PARAGRAPH...IS BLOWOFF FROM THE CONVECTION
FIRING WITHIN THIS BROAD CLUSTER OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.