Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 09:36:43 -0600

027 
FZPN01 KWBC 021536
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC THU DEC 02 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 02. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 03. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 04. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 56N173E 979 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 360 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 47N TO 60N W 
OF 172W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N173W 975 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 22 TO 33 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM 
NE...840 NM SE...AND 780 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N163W 983 MB WITH FRONT FROM 60N147W TO 
56N141W TO 51N147W TO 42N160W. WITHIN 540 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 45N BETWEEN 
155W AND 178E...AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N148W 1007 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N137W 1009 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N135W 1009 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 36N167E 1012 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 420 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N171E 1011 MB. WITHIN 660 NM N AND 360 
NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 32N TO 42N BETWEEN 166W 
AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 52N E OF 167E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 64N E OF 173W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N E OF 173W AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N E OF 178W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 140W AND 174W AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 160W AND 175W AREA OF 
E TO SE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 160W AND 166W S TO SE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.LOW 33N132W 1015 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 360 NM W AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N130W 1012 MB. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
130W AND 140W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N126W 1006 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF CENTER 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 48N 
BETWEEN 164W AND 175W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
38N177W TO 54N160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 33N TO 42N BETWEEN 160W AND 
171W. 

.HIGH 39N157W 1038 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N154W 1036 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N152W 1030 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N165E 1035 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N176E 1038 MB. 

.HIGH 31N126W 1019 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.FORECASTER SCOVIL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC THU DEC 02.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI DEC 03.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT DEC 04.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 12N97W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 11 TO 16 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 14N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM OF A LINE 
FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 12N97W TO 09N104W...N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. REMAINDER OF AREA FROM 07N TO 13N 
BETWEEN 92W AND 103W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.18 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
75 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N97W...N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. REMAINDER OF AREA FROM 04N TO 13N 
BETWEEN 93W AND 108W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 12N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 03N TO 12N BETWEEN 94W 
TO 109W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NE 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W 
TO 12N98W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 12N BETWEEN 95W 
AND 102W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. S OF 
11N BETWEEN 102W AND 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.

.FROM 09N TO 17N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 15N BETWEEN 110W AND 125W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES NEAR 06N90W 1011 MB WITH TROUGH TO 08N87W DRIFTING W. 
FROM 08N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 90W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. FROM 03N TO 
08N BETWEEN 80W AND 91W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 06N91W 1009 MB WITH TROUGH TO 
08N87W. FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 180 NM NW OF TROUGH N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 
WITHIN 120 NM SE OF TROUGH S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES DISSIPATED. TROUGH FROM 08N87W TO 
04N92W. FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. WITHIN 120 
NM SE OF TROUGH S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N135W TO 25N140W. NW OF FRONT N WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N130W TO 23N136W WITH SHEAR 
AXIS TO 20N140W. NW OF FRONT AND SHEAR AXIS N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 29N136W. N OF 
27N WITHIN 90 NM E OF FRONT S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N125W TO 24N130W WITH SHEAR 
AXIS TO 15N140W. NW OF FRONT AND SHEAR AXIS WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 26N135W.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC THU DEC 02...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N83W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 06N90W TO 11N113W TO 07N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS W OF 120W.

$$
.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.