Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 10:45:24 -0600

099 
FZPN40 PHFO 021645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC THU DEC 02 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 02 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 03 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 04 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 20N179E 1006 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGH FROM 30N180W TO LOW 
TO 11N173E NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 420 NM 
NE QUADRANT OF LOW. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 22N178E 1006 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 27N179E 1003 MB. S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 
300 NM E SEMICIRCLE AND NW QUADRANT OF LOW.

.COLD FRONT FROM 25N140W TO 22N150W THENCE SHEAR LINE TO 23N160W TO 
25N165W TO 30N174W MOVING S 15 KT. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF FRONT AND 
SHEAR LINE. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT AND SHEAR LINE DISSIPATED. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 15N BETWEEN 145W AND 170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N162W TO 
20N150W TO 12N157W TO 24N171W TO 30N170W.

.FRONT NE/SW THROUGH 30N160E MOVING E 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N168E TO 25N160E. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT N OF FRONT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 30N168E TO 28N160E NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE SW. 

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 29N140W TO 24N154W TO 26N170W TO 
30N177W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 26N140W TO 
22N160W TO 22N180W TO 14N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 24N140W TO 
18N152W TO 23N165W TO 30N174W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 
FROM 20N140W TO 12N160W TO 22N175W TO 23N170E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N172E TO 
25N165E TO 28N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
15N140W TO 10N155W TO 17N170W TO 26N175E TO 23N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 13N BETWEEN 162W AND 172W.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 08N155W TO 09N174W...AND FROM 09N166E TO 
09N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ E OF 170W.

$$
.FORECASTER CRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.