Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 12:50:05 -0600

899 
ATHW40 PHFO 021849
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC THU DEC 02 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC DECEMBER 02 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH TO THE EAST OF THE 
ISLANDS. THE UPPER LEVEL LOW IS NEAR 30N 138W...ABOUT 1360 MILES 
NORTHEAST OF HONOLULU. THE TROUGH AXIS EXTENDS FROM THE LOW TO A 
POINT NEAR 21N 145W. ANOTHER UPPER LEVEL LOW IS TO THE WEST OF THE 
ISLANDS NEAR 19N 180. HIGH CLOUDS ARE AT TIMES PASSING OVER THE 
ISLANDS FROM THE WEST FROM THE SYSTEM AT THE DATELINE.

THE SYSTEM TO THE EAST OF THE ISLANDS HAS SURFACE FEATURE ASSOCIATED 
WITH IT. EAST OF 150W...THE SURFACE FEATURE IS A COLD FRONT...WHILE 
WEST OF 150W AND CLOSE TO THE ISLANDS...THE FEATURE IS A SHEARLINE. 
LOW CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SHEARLINE ARE ABOUT 40 MILES 
NORTHEAST OF KAUAI AND OAHU...AND ABOUT 60 MILES NORTH OF MAUI. 
ADDITIONAL LOW CLOUDS ARE BETWEEN THE SHEARLINE AND THE ISLANDS 
THEMSELVES.

OVER THE ISLANDS...LOW CLOUDS ARE CONFINED OVER THE EAST SIDES OF 
THE ISLANDS. ON KAUAI...LOW CLOUDS ARE OVER THE EASTERN HALF OF THE 
GARDEN ISLE. ON OAHU...CLOUDS BLANKET THE KOOLAU RANGE AND THE 
ADJACENT COASTAL AREAS. ADDITIONAL WAVE CLOUDS...CLOUDS ALIGNED 
PARALLEL TO THE MOUNTAIN RANGE...ARE NOTED DOWNSTREAM OF THE KOOLAU 
RANGE DUE TO THE STRONG LOW LEVEL WIND PATTERN. CLOUDS UPSTREAM OF 
THE ISLANDS ARE MOVING FROM EAST AROUND 30 MPH.

CLOUDS COVER THE HALAWA VALLEY ON MOLOKAI...WITH JUST A FEW CLOUDS 
OVER LANAI AND KAHOOLAWE. ON MAUI...A FEW CLOUDS ARE NOTED OVER THE 
EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS...WITH BROKEN TO 
OVERCAST SKIES OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA. 

ON THE BIG ISLAND...CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF 
THE KOHALA MOUNTAINS. ADDITIONAL CLOUDS COVER MOST OF THE NORTH 
HILO...SOUTH HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS. A FEW CLOUDS HAVE BEGUN TO 
FORM OVER THE KAU...SOUTH KONA AND NORTH KONA DISTRICTS.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.