Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 15:34:19 -0600

858 
FZPN01 KWBC 022134
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC THU DEC 02 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 02. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 03. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 04. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 57N176E 972 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 360 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 46N TO 62N W 
OF 166W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N169W 974 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 22 TO 33 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM 
NE...840 NM SE...AND 780 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N161W 986 MB WITH FRONT FROM 60N143W TO 
55N142W TO 50N147W TO 42N156W. WITHIN 600 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 44N BETWEEN 
155W AND 180W...AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N144W 1005 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N136W 1010 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N135W 1008 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 35N167E 1012 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 420 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 31N170E 1009 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N AND W OF 
A LINE FROM 39N174W TO 30N168E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 166W 
AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 50N E OF 164E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 53N E OF 169E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 64N E OF 173W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N E OF 173W AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N E OF 178W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 140W AND 175W AREA OF E TO NE WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 160W AND 173W AREA OF 
E TO SE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 160W AND 169W S TO SE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.LOW 33N130W 1015 MB MOVING E 10 KT. WITHIN 540 NM W AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N128W 1011 MB. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
130W AND 140W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N126W 1008 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E AND NE 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 48N 
BETWEEN 164W AND 175W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
38N177W TO 54N160W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 33N TO 42N BETWEEN 160W AND 
171W. 

.HIGH 40N157W 1037 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N154W 1035 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N153W 1027 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N169E 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N179E 1037 MB. 

.FORECASTER SCOVIL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC THU DEC 02.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI DEC 03.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT DEC 04.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N97W INCLUDING  
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
14N96W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 12N97W TO 11N103W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 13N BETWEEN 92W AND 104W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N97W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 13N BETWEEN 93W AND 108W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 
12N98W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 02N TO 12N BETWEEN 97W AND 109W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W TO 
11N100W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N133W TO 24N140W. NW OF FRONT N WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N130W TO 22N133W WITH SHEAR 
LINE TO 17N140W. NW OF BOUNDARY N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 14 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N124W TO 23N130W WITH SHEAR 
LINE TO 15N140W. NW OF BOUNDARY WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN N SWELL.

.LOW PRES NEAR 07N91W 1010 MB WITH TROUGH TO 09N86W DRIFTING SW. 
FROM 08N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 90W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO 
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. FROM 03N TO 08N BETWEEN 
84W AND 91W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 06N91W 1009 MB WITH TROUGH TO 
08N86W. WITHIN 120 NM NW OF TROUGH NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES DISSIPATED. TROUGH FROM 09N86W TO 
04N92W. WITHIN 180 NM NE OF TROUGH NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.FROM 12N TO 17N W OF 135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN 
NE SWELL.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC THU DEC 2...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N83W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 07N91W TO 12N115W TO 08N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.