Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 16:42:18 -0600

574 
FZPN40 PHFO 022242
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC THU DEC 02 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 02 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 03 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 04 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 20N179E 1005 MB NEARLY STATIONARY AND WILL MOVE N 10 KT AFTER 
12 HOURS. TROUGH FROM 30N178W TO LOW TO 17N175E TO 15N170E NEARLY 
STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 17N TO 25N BETWEEN 174W AND 
177E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 23N178E 1004 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 
NM E QUADRANT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 27N179E 1002 MB. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 270 
NM E SEMICIRCLE AND 180 NM NW QUADRANT OF LOW.

.COLD FRONT FROM 24N140W TO 22N150W TO 24N160W THENCE SHEAR LINE TO 
27N167W TO 30N173W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF FRONT AND SHEAR LINE. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT S OF FRONT AND N OF 15N BETWEEN 1478W AND 162W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING SHEAR LINE FROM 20N140W TO 18N150W TO 
22N160W TO 27N170W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 
30N158W TO 25N140W TO 18N140W TO 14N150W TO 20N166W TO 25N170W TO 
30N170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SHEAR LINE DISSIPATED. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA 
BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 30N165W TO 24N156W TO 20N146W TO 14N150W TO 
13N160W TO 20N167W TO 30N165W. 

.FRONT NE/SW THROUGH 30N160E MOVING E 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N170E 1008 MB. FRONT FROM LOW TO 25N166E TO 
24N160E. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND FRONT DISSIPATED. 

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 26N140W TO 22N149W TO 23N164W TO 
30N174W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 19N140W TO 
12N160W TO 21N172W TO 22N169E TO 30N169E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 16 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N172E TO 
25N160E. SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 23N BETWEEN 159W AND 171W. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 18N140W TO 12N152W TO 13N160W TO 
20N170W TO 22N179E TO 30N175E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 13 FT N OF 20N W OF 170E. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT N OF A LINE FROM 14N140W TO 10N157W TO 16N167W TO 21N177W TO 
22N170E. 

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 14N TO 20N BETWEEN 163W AND 174W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 45 NM OF POINT 11N179E.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 08N157W TO 06N173W...AND FROM 09N166E TO 
08N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 160W AND 
172W...FROM 05N TO 08N E OF 152W AND N OF 24N BETWEEN 160W AND 170W. 

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.