Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 18:42:26 -0600

289 
ATHW40 PHFO 030042
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC FRI DEC 03 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC DECEMBER 03 2010

AN UPPER LEVEL LOW IS NEAR 33N 136W...ABOUT 1550 MILES NORTHEAST OF 
HONOLULU AT 2 PM. THE ASSOCIATED UPPER LEVEL TROUGH AXIS EXTENDS 
FROM THE UPPER LOW TO A POINT NEAR 20N 143W. THE LOW HAS BEEN MOVING 
TO THE EAST OVER THE LAST SEVERAL HOURS.

ANOTHER UPPER LEVEL LOW IS NEAR THE DATELINE...ABOUT 1515 MILES WEST 
OF HONOLULU AT 2 PM. HIGH CLOUDS ARE PASSING OVER PORTIONS OF THE 
ISLANDS FROM THE WEST. THE THICKEST HIGH CLOUDS REMAIN WEST OF THE 
ISLANDS...WHILE THE HIGH CLOUDS PASSING OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS ARE NOT CURRENTLY OBSCURING THE LOWER CLOUDS.

THE SURFACE REFLECTION OF THE UPPER LEVEL SYSTEM EAST OF THE ISLANDS 
HAVE A CLOUD BAND SINKING TOWARDS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. AT 2 
PM...THE WESTERN END OF THE BAND IS OVER AND NORTH OF KAUAI... 
BRINGING LOTS OF LOW CLOUDS TO THE GARDEN ISLE. THE BAND IS ALSO 
STARTING TO BRUSH OAHU/S NORTH SHORE AT 2 PM. ADDITIONAL CLOUDS ARE 
FOUND OVER THE KOOLAU RANGE ON OAHU...WITH CLOUDS ALSO FOUND OVER 
THE CENTRAL VALLEY AND FORMING OVER THE WAIANAE RANGE.

MOLOKAI CONTINUES TO SEE CLOUDS OVER HALAWA VALLEY...WHILE JUST A 
FEW CLOUDS REMAIN OVER KAHOOLAWE AND LANAI. LITTLE CHANGE HAS 
OCCURRED ON MAUI SINCE DAYBREAK...WITH CLOUDS REMAINING OVER THE 
EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS AND HALEAKALA. ON THE 
BIG ISLAND...CLOUDS REMAIN OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE KOHALA 
MOUNTAINS...AND OVER THE LOWER SLOPES OF THE NORTH HILO...SOUTH HILO 
AND PUNA DISTRICTS. LOW CLOUDS HAVE INCREASED SINCE SUNRISE OVER THE 
SOUTH KONA AND NORTH KONA DISTRICTS.

THE CLOUD BAND NORTH OF THE ISLANDS IS NOT MAKING A LOT OF SOUTHWARD 
MOVEMENT...BUT INDIVIDUAL CLOUDS UPSTREAM OF THE ISLANDS ARE MOVING 
FROM THE EAST AROUND 30 MPH.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.