Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 22:18:31 -0600

363 
FZPN01 KWBC 030418
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FRI DEC 03 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 03. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 04. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 05. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 57N180W 972 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 360 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 46N TO 63N W 
OF 160W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N166W 977 MB. A FRONT WILL EXTEND FROM 
59N152W TO 40N170W. OVER FORECAST WATERS BETWEEN 240 NM AND 540 
NM W SEMICIRCLE AND S QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 27 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM SE...840 NM SW AND 420 NM NW 
QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 420 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N158W 991 MB WITH FRONT FROM 59N138W TO 
50N148W TO 40N155W TO 32N166W. WITHIN 480 NM SW AND W QUADRANTS 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 32N TO 41N 
BETWEEN 152W AND 172W...FROM 41N TO 60N BETWEEN 153W AND 178W 
AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N141W 1005 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. WITHIN 540 NM S AND 480 NM 
W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N137W 1012 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 33N TO 47N 
BETWEEN 137W AND 145W N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N135W 1004 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM S AND 420 NM W SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 35N169E 1015 MB MOVING S 15 KT. WITHIN 420 NM NW SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. BETWEEN 42N AND A LINE FROM 
40N170W TO 30N170E AND E OF 165E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 172W AND 168E WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 50N W OF 165E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 58N W OF 173E TO 162E WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST W OF A LINE FROM 64N168E TO 60N178W AREAS OF 
LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 61N E OF 173W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 32N132W 1014 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 
FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 130W AND 146W AREA OF N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N128W 1007 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N128W 1006 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 158W AND 175W E TO SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 161W AND 171W S TO SE 
WINDS 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO MERGE WITH FRONT DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 58N158W MENTIONED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.  

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 53N 
BETWEEN 161W AND 177W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
35N178W TO 53N153W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 42N TO 53N W OF 166E.  

.HIGH 40N157W 1037 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N154W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N151W 1022 MB. 

.HIGH JUST W OF AREA 45N159E MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N171E 1037 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N179E 1038 MB. 

.FORECASTER OSZAJCA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FRI DEC 03.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT DEC 04.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN DEC 05.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N97W INCLUDING  
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 12N97W TO 11N101W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NE 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 13N BETWEEN 92W AND 105W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 
12N98W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 02N TO 12N BETWEEN 97W AND 109W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W TO 
11N100W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N132W TO 22N140W. NW OF FRONT N WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N128W TO 22N132W WITH SHEAR 
LINE TO 16N140W. NW OF BOUNDARY N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
13 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N124W TO 23N130W WITH SHEAR 
LINE TO 15N140W. NW OF BOUNDARY WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN N SWELL.

.LOW PRES NEAR 07N92W 1008 MB WITH TROUGH TO 09N85W DRIFTING W. 
FROM 09N TO 11N BETWEEN 86W AND 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES DISSIPATED. TROUGH FROM 09N86W TO  
05N92W. WITHIN 120 NM NW OF TROUGH NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC THU DEC 3...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N83W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 07N92W TO 12N115W TO 07N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.