Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 22:42:24 -0600

908 
FZPN40 PHFO 030442
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC FRI DEC 03 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 03 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 04 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 05 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 20N179E 1005 MB NEARLY STATIONARY BUT WILL MOVE N 10 KT AFTER 
12 HOURS. TROUGH FROM 30N177W TO LOW TO 17N175E TO 15N170E NEARLY 
STATIONARY. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 17N TO 27N BETWEEN 177W 
AND 177E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 24N178E 1004 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 
NM E SEMICIRCLE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 29N176E 1001 MB. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 360 
NM E AND SE QUADRANTS...AND N OF 28N BETWEEN LOW AND 168E. 

.COLD FRONT FROM 21N140W TO 20N147W TO 22N156W THENCE SHEAR LINE TO 
26N1657. FRONT MOVING SE 15 KT ALONG 140W AND S SLOWLY NEAR 155W. 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 22N140W TO 16N150W TO 15N160W TO 
23N164W TO 30N170W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING SHEAR LINE FROM 20N140W TO 17N148W TO 
22N160W TO 25N166W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 
30N160W TO 23N153W TO 23N140W TO 15N140W TO 15N160W TO 20N169W TO 
30N170W TO 30N160W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SHEAR LINE DISSIPATED. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 14N 
TO 19N BETWEEN 150W AND 162W. 

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N162E TO 28N160E MOVING E 15 KT. NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT NW OF FRONT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING LOW 29N169E 1009 MB. FRONT FROM 
30N170E TO 26N169E TO 23N160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN 
168E AND 162E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND FRONT DISSIPATED. ASSOCIATED WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 24N E OF 174W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 
A LINE FROM 22N140W TO 12N160W TO 21N170W TO 22N169E TO 30N170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 15 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N172E TO 
26N160E. SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 26N BETWEEN 158W AND 172W. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 18N140W TO 12N152W TO 13N160W TO 
20N170W TO 22N179E TO 30N175E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 15 FT N OF 26N W OF 176W. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT N OF A LINE FROM 13N140W TO 15N170W TO 23N178E TO 20N160E. 

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 14N TO 19N BETWEEN 169W AND 174W...
AND N OF 26N BETWEEN 162W AND 169W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 16N 
TO 18N BETWEEN 163W AND 167W.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 08N158W TO 09N164W TO 06N176W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS FROM 07N TO 10N BETWEEN 156W AND 172W...AND FROM 05N 
TO 08N E OF 150W. 

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.