Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 23:26:29 -0600

358 
ATHW40 PHFO 030526
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC FRI DEC 03 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC DECEMBER 03 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGES SHOWED AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE IN THE UPPER 
ATMOSPHERE WELL TO THE NORTHEAST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THIS 
FEATURE DID LITTLE TO INFLUENCE THE WEATHER ACROSS THE STATE...AND 
CONTINUED TO MOVE FURTHER AWAY TOWARD THE EAST.

WATER VAPOR IMAGES ALSO SHOWED A BROADER AND MORE ACTIVE LOW IN THE 
UPPER ATMOSPHERE NEAR THE DATELINE. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS DEVELOPED 
UNDER THIS FEATURE WEST OF THE CURVE FROM 27N 180 TO 16N 163W TO 17N 
180. DEEP LAYERED MIDDLE TO HIGH CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS LOW 
OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES MOSTLY TO COMPLETELY WITHIN 275 MILES OF THE 
LINE FROM 18N 167W TO 30N 164W...AND PARTLY OVER THE AREA NORTH OF 
16N AND WEST OF 158W. THIS FEATURE MOVED EAST SLOWLY.

A BAND OF LOW TO MIDDLE CLOUD LAYERS ASSOCIATED WITH A FRONT 
EXTENDED ACROSS HAWAIIAN WATERS WITHIN 75 MILES OF THE CURVE FROM 
25N 162W TO 21N 148W TO 23N 141W TO 27N 135W TO 30N 133W AND FURTHER 
NORTH. THIS FEATURE MOVED SOUTH AT 5 TO 10 MILES AN HOUR. DENSELY 
PACKED COLD-AIR CUMULI PREVAILED BETWEEN THIS BAND AND 30N.

TO THE SOUTH...VERY LIGHT THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY CONTINUED IN THE 
ITCZ BETWEEN 10N AND 06N. LAYERED MIDDLE TO HIGH DEBRIS CLOUDS FROM 
THIS AND EARLIER CONVECTION PARTLY OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES WITHIN 
ABOUT THE SAME RANGE OF LATITUDE.

OTHERWISE...CLOUD COVER ACROSS HAWAIIAN WATERS CONSISTED MOSTLY OF 
CUMULUS AND STRATOCUMULUS FRAGMENTS...THOUGH THESE CLOUDS DID TEND 
TO CLUMP TOGETHER LOOSELY BETWEEN 20N AND 14N. THEY GENERALLY ROSE 
TO HEIGHTS OF 6000 TO 9000 FEET...AND MOVED TOWARD THE WEST AT 
AROUND 20 MILES AN HOUR.

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...LAYERED HIGH CLOUDS FROM THE 
WEST PARTLY TO MOSTLY OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES. WHERE THEY WERE 
VISIBLE...LOWER CLOUDS CONSISTED MAINLY OF AFTERNOON CUMULUS 
BUILDUPS WITH THEIR LAYERED DEBRIS CLOUDS OVER HIGHER TERRAIN 
INLAND. HOWEVER...A FEW MARINE CUMULI DID MOVE ASHORE ALONG SLOPES 
FACING NORTHEAST TO EAST...AND THE FRONTAL CLOUD BAND ALSO 
APPROACHED MAUI COUNTY...OAHU...AND KAUAI FROM THE NORTHEAST. THESE 
LOWER CLOUDS GENERALLY ROSE TO HEIGHTS OF 10000 TO 11000 FEET. RADAR 
DATA FROM NEAR THE ISLANDS SHOWED SCATTERED SHOWERS ALONG NORTH 
SLOPES OF KAUAI...OAHU...MOLOKAI...AND MAUI...AND AREAS OF RAIN 
OFFSHORE TO THE NORTH OF THESE ISLANDS...BUT ISOLATED SHOWERS AT 
MOST ELSEWHERE.

$$

RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.