Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 04:17:55 -0600

120 
FZPN01 KWBC 031017
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FRI DEC 03 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 03. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 04. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 05. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 58N176W 972 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
46N TO 63N W OF 159W AND FROM 40N TO 46N BETWEEN 160W AND 170E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N164W 980 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
BETWEEN 120 NM AND 540 NM W AND 240 NM AND 600 NM S QUADRANTS  
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
59N150W TO 43N171W TO 55N173W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N153W 985 MB. FROM 48N TO 62N BETWEEN 
160W AND 172W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 32N TO 52N BETWEEN 150W AND 172W AND N OF 52N BETWEEN 156W 
AND 172W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 50N140W 1006 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW AND W 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM W SEMICIRCLE AND S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N134W 1011 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 600 NM 
W SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N132W 1003 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 360 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 34N171E 1014 MB MOVING S 15 KT. WITHIN 300 NM NW SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 
441N180W TO 30N166E TO 160E E TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
13 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 42N164W 
TO 30N178W. WITHIN 300 NM W OF THE FRONT BETWEEN 34N AND 40N 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF THE FRONT TO 
165E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 31N175E 1000 MB. WITHIN 540 NM NE 
QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
172W TO 168E S OF 42N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 60N150W 884 MB WITH FRONT FROM CENTER 
SE TO 58N146W TO 50N153W TO 40N168W. WITHIN 240 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420 NM E OF THE 
FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND WITH NEW LOW TO FORM NEAR 
48N148W 992 MB. A FRONT WILL EXTEND FROM LOW CENTER NE TO 
53N145W TO 59N138W AND S FROM CENTER TO 39N150W. FROM 40N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 145W AND 150W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. ALSO 
WITHIN 300 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 44N AND 180 NM E OF THE FRONT 
S OF 44N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 51N W OF 166E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 58N W OF 174E TO 162E WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 64N AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 61N E OF 166W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 33N131W 1014 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 
FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 130W AND 146W AREA OF N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N127W 1007 MB. WITHIN 120 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE AND SE QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N129W 1005 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND E 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 159W AND 177W E TO SE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 161W AND 170W S TO SE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO MERGE WITH FRONT DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 57N153W MENTIONED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 55N 
BETWEEN 162W AND 174W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
36N172W TO 53N151W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 42N TO 57N W OF 169E. 

.HIGH 40N155W 1037 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N153W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA.  

.HIGH 45N161E MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N172E 1038 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N180W 1039 MB. 

.FORECASTER OSZAJCA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FRI DEC 03.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT DEC 04.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN DEC 05.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 13N97W INCLUDING  
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM 
OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 12N99W NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 13N BETWEEN 
92W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W TO 
11N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 02N TO 12N BETWEEN 96W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 
12N98W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE S 
OF 12N BETWEEN 96W AND 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N131W TO 21N140W. W OF FRONT N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 28N E OF FRONT TO 
130W S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N126W TO 22N131W THEN 
DISSIPATING COLD FRONT TO 16N140W. W OF FRONT N TO NE WINDS TO
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST REINFORCING COLD FRONT FROM 30N134W TO 
27N140W. MAIN COLD FRONT FROM 30N124W TO 22N131W. NW OF 
REINFORCING FRONT W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN 
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF MAIN FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. REMAINDER OF AREA FROM 13N TO 22N W OF 
130W NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST REINFORCING COLD FRONT 30N132W TO 26N135W. W 
OF FRONT W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT IN NW SWELL. 
E OF FRONT TO 128W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 12N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST SEAS NEAR 16N140W.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.LOW PRES NEAR 07N93W 1008 MB DRIFTING W. WITH 90 NM NE QUADRANT 
OF LOW CENTER NE TO E WINDS T0 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE  
FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 87W AND 92W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES DISSIPATED. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0830 UTC THU DEC 3...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N83W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 07N93W TO A SECOND LOW PRES NEAR 08N105W TO 12N114W THEN 
RESUMES AT 11N118W TO 07N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS 
FROM 09N TO 12N BETWEEN 116W AND 122W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION 
ELSEWHERE.

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.