Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 04:45:25 -0600

309 
FZPN40 PHFO 031045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC FRI DEC 03 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 03 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 04 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 05 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 20N177E 1005 MB NEARLY STATIONARY BUT WILL MOVE N 10 KT AFTER 
12 HOURS. TROUGH FROM 30N178W TO LOW TO 13N169E NEARLY STATIONARY. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 17N TO 26N BETWEEN 177W AND 177E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 25N178E 1002 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 300 
NM E SEMICIRCLE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N175E 1000 MB. IN FORECAST AREA S OF 30N...
WINDS 20 KT OR LESS. STRONGER WINDS N OF 30N.

.COLD FRONT FROM 21N140W TO 20N150W THENCE SHEAR LINE TO 23N160W TO 
30N170W. FRONT AND SHEAR LINE MOVING S SLOWLY. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N 
OF THE FRONT AND SHEAR LINE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT AND SHEAR LINE DISSIPATED. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
FROM 14N TO 25N BETWEEN 145W AND 160W...AND N OF 22N BETWEEN 160W 
AND 170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 KT OR LESS. 

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N167E TO 27N160E MOVING E 15 KT. NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT NW OF FRONT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT ABSORBED BY ABOVE LOW.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 24N140W TO 20N151W TO 25N165W TO 
30N175W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 21N140W TO 
13N160W TO 20N165W TO 21N170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N171E TO 
26N165W TO 28N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
17N140W TO 11N155W TO 20N180W TO 23N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF 26N W OF 176W. SEAS 8 TO 15 
FT N OF 26N E OF 145W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
20N164W TO 21N180W TO 19N160E...AND FROM 09N TO 22N E OF 170W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 14N BETWEEN 164W AND 173W.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N173W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM 
OF ITCZ. 

$$
.FORECASTER CRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.