Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 10:25:52 -0600

718 
FZPN01 KWBC 031617
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FRI DEC 03 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 03. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 04. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 05. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 59N173W 974 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 59N159W 
TO 56N158W TO 48N165W TO 40N175W. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW 
SEMICIRCLES...ALSO N OF 49N BETWEEN 169E AND 180W WINDS 30 TO 45 
KT. SEAS 15 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 
46N...AND N OF 63N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ALSO 
WITHIN 840 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N167W 979 MB. FROM 54N TO 59N BETWEEN 
172W AND 178W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N163W 983 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W OF A LINE 
FROM 50N162W TO 54N162W TO 60N167W...AND WITHIN 480 NM W AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
660 NM SE...780 NM S AND 780 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N153W 998 MB. WITHIN 660 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 47N138W 1010 MB MOVING S 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW AND W 
QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
300 NM W SEMICIRCLE AND S QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N137W 1009 MB. FROM 35N TO 41N BETWEEN 
139W AND 143W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 360 NM W SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N131W 1001 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS OVER FORECAST WATERS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 
FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.WITHIN 360 NM W OF A FRONT FROM 30N169E TO 35N174E TO 40N175W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 720 NM W OF A FRONT FROM 40N165W TO 
35N173W TO 32N180W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 40N BETWEEN 163E AND 180W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 31N175E 999 MB. WITHIN 600 NM NE 
QUADRANT...AND FROM 31N TO 40N BETWEEN 171E AND 175E WINDS 30 TO 
45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 28 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N149W 993 MB. FRONT WILL EXTEND FROM 
60N144W TO 56N146W TO 48N153W TO 40N164W. WITHIN 180 NM E OF 
FRONT N OF 50N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. N OF 56N BETWEEN 136W 
AND 140W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
240 NM E OF A LINE FROM 50N147W TO 55N144W TO 59N140W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 40N W OF 164E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 46N BETWEEN 164E AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 40N BETWEEN 164E AND 174E 
WIDNS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N147W 988 MB. FROM 40N TO 49N BETWEEN 
143W AND 163W...AND WITHIN 300 NM W OF A LINE FROM 40N143W TO 
37N145W TO 34N150W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 63N AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING 
SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 32N130W 1011 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM W AND NW 
SEMICIRCLES OVER FORECAST WATERS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N126W 1005 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF CENTER 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N131W 1004 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND E 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 162W AND 172W SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 162W AND 169W WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 180 NM E OF 
A LINE FROM 50N162W TO 41N173W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N 
N OF 44N BETWEEN 163E AND 169E. 

.HIGH 40N155W 1035 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N154W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 45N165E 1035 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N176E 1038 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N180W 1039 MB. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FRI DEC 03.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT DEC 04.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN DEC 05.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 13N97W INCLUDING  
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM 
OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 12N99W NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 13N BETWEEN 
92W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W TO 
11N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 02N TO 12N BETWEEN 96W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 
12N98W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE S 
OF 12N BETWEEN 96W AND 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N131W TO 21N140W. W OF FRONT N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 28N E OF FRONT TO 
130W S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N126W TO 22N131W THEN 
DISSIPATING COLD FRONT TO 16N140W. W OF FRONT N TO NE WINDS TO
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST REINFORCING COLD FRONT FROM 30N134W TO 
27N140W. MAIN COLD FRONT FROM 30N124W TO 22N131W. NW OF 
REINFORCING FRONT W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN 
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF MAIN FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. REMAINDER OF AREA FROM 13N TO 22N W OF 
130W NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST REINFORCING COLD FRONT 30N132W TO 26N135W. W 
OF FRONT W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT IN NW SWELL. 
E OF FRONT TO 128W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 12N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST SEAS NEAR 16N140W.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.LOW PRES NEAR 07N93W 1008 MB DRIFTING W. WITH 90 NM NE QUADRANT 
OF LOW CENTER NE TO E WINDS T0 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE  
FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 87W AND 92W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES DISSIPATED. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0830 UTC THU DEC 3...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N83W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 07N93W TO A SECOND LOW PRES NEAR 08N105W TO 12N114W THEN 
RESUMES AT 11N118W TO 07N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS 
FROM 09N TO 12N BETWEEN 116W AND 122W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION 
ELSEWHERE.

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.