Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 16:45:12 -0600

648 
FZPN40 PHFO 032245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC FRI DEC 03 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 03 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 04 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 05 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 23N178E 1003 MB MOVING N 10 KT. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 28N179E TO 
30N180E...AND FROM LOW TO 20N177E TO 15N171E. TROUGHS NEARLY 
STATIONARY. S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 270 NM SE QUADRANT OF 
LOW. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 360 NM E AND SE OF LOW AND 
TROUGHS N OF 18N...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 24N172W TO 17N172W 
TO 15N170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 28N178E 1000 MB. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 390 
NM SE QUADRANT OF LOW. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 
28N BETWEEN 169E AND 179W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 
20 KT OR LESS OVER FORECAST WATERS.

.SHEAR LINE FROM 19N140W TO 17N150W TO 21N160W TO 30N170W MOVING S 
SLOWLY E OF 160W...AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT WITHIN 360 NM N AND NE OF SHEAR LINE. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 
240 NM S OF SHEAR LINE BETWEEN 146W AND 161W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM SW OF SHEAR LINE W OF 165W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SHEAR LINE DISSIPATED. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
FROM 14N TO 23N BETWEEN 151W AND 162W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.FRONT FROM 30N170E TO 26N165E TO 25N160E MOVING SE SLOWLY. N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 27N W OF FRONT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT N OF 27N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT ABSORBED BY LOW DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 14 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 150 NM OF LINE FROM 
30N167W TO 23N159W TO 18N152W. SEAS 12 TO 13 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS 
N OF 28N W OF 166E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 20N140W 
TO 10N150W TO 11N165W TO 23N177E TO 20N169E TO 26N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF LINE 
FROM 30N179W TO 24N164E TO 25N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 
LINE FROM 14N140W TO 08N152W TO 08N164W TO 21N180E TO 26N178E TO 
20N167E TO 21N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF LINE 
FROM 30N177W TO 26N169E TO 29N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 
LINE FROM 14N140W TO 08N148W TO 08N168W TO 22N174W TO 21N177E TO 
22N173E TO 16N160E...EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF 20N BETWEEN 145W 
AND 164W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 07N155W TO 08N170W TO 07N177E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 75 NM OF ITCZ...EXCEPT WITHIN 240 NM N OF ITCZ 
BETWEEN 167W AND 174W.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.