Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 17:02:50 -0600

782 
FZPN01 KWBC 032302
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...RESENT 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC DEC 03 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT TO 
.50N 160E 

.SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 03. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 04. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 05. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 60N170W 974 MB MOVING E 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 61N156W 
TO 56N155W TO 50N159W TO 40N173W. N OF 56N BETWEEN 176W AND 179E 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 17 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...AND N OF 50N BETWEEN 174W AND 171E WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 15 TO 27 FT. WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 44N WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ALSO WITHIN 840 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N162W 987 MB. N OF 47N BETWEEN 160W AND 
178W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 40N 
BETWEEN 155W AND 180W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N154W 998 MB. WITHIN 660 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 45N138W 1012 MB MOVING S 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N136W 1008 MB. FROM 33N TO 39N BETWEEN 
139W AND 143W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE S 
OF 40N BETWEEN 138W AND 144W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N129W 1004 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.WITHIN 300 NM W AND NW OF A FRONT FROM 30N170E TO 32N172E TO 
40N173W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 40N BETWEEN 174W AND 171E...ALSO 
WITHIN 240 NM N OF A FRONT FROM 37N164W TO 33N174W WINDS 30 TO 
45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N174E 999 MB. WITHIN 420 NM N OF A LINE 
FROM 34N171E TO 32N172W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 780 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 180 NM E AND SE OF A FRONT FROM 60N141W 
TO 50N149W TO 40N160W...ALSO WITHIN 120 NM W OF FRONT S OF 46N 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 47N145W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 43N W OF 166E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 46N BETWEEN 165E AND 172E WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 41N BETWEEN 164E AND 175E 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N145W 988 MB. FRONT WILL EXTEND FROM 
CENTER TO 41N142W TO 37N143W TO 33N146W. WITHIN 120 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF FRONT...ALSO FROM 45N TO 53N BETWEEN 141W AND 146W WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 50N BETWEEN 142W 
AND 166W...EXCEPT WHERE DESCRIBED WITH LOW 51N154W...ALSO N OF 
50N BETWEEN 137W AND 147W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 64N AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N E OF 171W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY 
FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 33N129W 1012 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM OF CENTER 
OVER FORECAST WATERS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N127W 1007 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N133W 1002 MB. FROM 43N TO 48N BETWEEN 
126W AND 132W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 180 NM E OF 
A LINE FROM 47N161W TO 43N165W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N 
N OF 46N W OF 164E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 43N BETWEEN 163E AND 170E. 

.HIGH 39N153W 1036 MB MOVING S 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N152W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 45N168E 1036 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N178E 1038 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N178W 1038 MB. 

$$
.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FRI DEC 03.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT DEC 04.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN DEC 05.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 11N100W INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 02N TO 12N BETWEEN 96W AND 111W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 12N98W
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N129W TO 24N132W TO 20N140W. NW OF FRONT N TO 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN N SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 30N125W TO 23N129W 
WITH SHEAR LINE TO 16N140W. NW OF BOUNDARY WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 27N BETWEEN 124W 
AND 135W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT IN NW SWELL. 
N OF 24N W OF 135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT IN NW 
SWELL.

.FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 91W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC FRI DEC 3...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N78W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 08N95W TO LOW PRES NEAR 09N108W TO 11N118W TO 08N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 107W AND 118W.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.