Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 21:58:16 -0600

043 
FZPN01 KWBC 040358
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC DEC 04 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT TO 
..50N 160E 

.SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 04. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 05.
.48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 06. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 60N167W 978 MB MOVING E 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 60N153W 
TO 54N152W TO 45N162W TO 40N170W. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 480 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE AND S QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. 
ELSEWHERE BETWEEN 480 NM SE AND 780 NM SW QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 
300 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N159W 992 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
60N140W TO 50N147W TO 42N153W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 540 
NM SW AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ALSO 
WITHIN 600 NM NW...780 NM W...900 NM S QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 240 
NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N151W 991 MB. WITHIN 840 NM SW AND 720 
NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 42N136W 1013 MB MOVING S 15 KT. WITHIN 360 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N135W 1005 MB. FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 
135W AND 143W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N127W 1004 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.A FRONT EXTENDS FROM 30N172E TO 33N180W TO 40N168W. BETWEEN THE 
FRONT AND 160E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 30N180W TO 35N164W TO 
42N153W. FROM 33N TO 38N BETWEEN 167W AND 173E WINDS 35 TO 45 
KT. SEAS 18 TO 26 FT. ALSO BETWEEN THE FRONT AND 168E WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N174E 999 MB. WITHIN 660 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 780 NM N 
AND 840 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.N OF 42N TO 51N AND W OF 164E SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 42N W OF 173E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 45N BETWEEN 167E AND 178E WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N146W 985 MB. FRONT WILL EXTEND FROM 
CENTER TO 44N139W TO 37N138W TO 30N150W. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND E 
QUADRANT AND 120 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 43N BETWEEN 134W AND 160W AND FROM 
43N TO 60N BETWEEN 127W AND 150W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 64N AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N E OF 171W AREAS OF MODERATE FREEZING 
SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 33N129W 1007 MB MOVING N 10 KT. WITHIN 180 NM OF CENTER 
EXCEPT S QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N128W 1004 MB. WITHIN 120 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS TO MERGE WITH LOW 47N146W 
MENTIONED IN WARNINGS SECTION.  

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 180 NM E OF 
A LINE FROM 54N151W TO 36N176W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N 
OF 42N W OF 166E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 43N BETWEEN 163E AND 170E. 

.HIGH 38N153W 1033 MB MOVING S 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N153W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 46N169E 1037 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N180W 1040 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N177W 1036 MB. 

$$ 
.FORECASTER OSZAJCA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SAT DEC 04.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN DEC 05.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON DEC 06.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 11N100W INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 01N TO 12N BETWEEN 99W AND 112W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 12N98W
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N128W TO 24N130W TO 19N140W. NW OF FRONT N TO 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 30N124W TO 24N128W 
WITH SHEAR LINE TO 15N140W. N OF 28N W OF 133W W TO NW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF BOUNDARY 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. NW OF LINE FROM 30N122W 
TO 22N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 91W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC SAT DEC 4...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 08N95W TO 07N100W TO 10N120W TO 08N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT 
CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.