Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 22:45:09 -0600

895 
FZPN40 PHFO 040445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT DEC 04 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 04 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 05 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 06 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 24N178E 1003 MB MOVING N 10 KT. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 27N177E TO 
30N179E...AND FROM LOW TO 20N177E TO 15N170E. NRN TROUGH MOVING W 
SLOWLY...AND SRN TROUGH NEARLY STATIONARY. S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 330 NM SE QUADRANT OF LOW. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 390 
NM E AND SE OF LOW AND TROUGHS N OF 18N...AND WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 
FROM 25N170W TO 19N174W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 29N177E 1001 MB. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 150 
NM OF LINE FROM 30N180E TO 27N177W TO 22N178W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 
20 KT OR LESS OVER FORECAST WATERS.

.SHEAR LINE FROM 19N140W TO 17N150W TO 20N160W TO 30N170W NEARLY 
STATIONARY AND WEAKENING. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 270 NM OF LINE 
FROM 30N165W TO 22N162W TO 17N155W TO 18N146W TO 20N140W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 105 NM SW OF SHEAR LINE W OF 165W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SHEAR LINE DISSIPATED. E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 
14N TO 18N BETWEEN 152W AND 160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.FRONT FROM 30N171E TO 24N165E TO 24N160E. FRONT NEARLY STATIONARY N 
OF 27N...AND MOVING S 10 KT ELSEWHERE. N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 26N W OF FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT ABSORBED BY LOW DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 16 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 27N W OF 167E. SEAS 12 
TO 14 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 23N BETWEEN 162W AND 169W. SEAS 
12 TO 13 FT FROM 16N TO 19N BETWEEN 152W AND 156W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 18N140W TO 10N152W TO 11N162W TO 22N177E TO 
20N170E TO 24N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT S OF 06N BETWEEN 160W AND 167W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF LINE 
FROM 30N177W TO 24N178W TO 28N178E TO 24N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 14N140W TO 08N152W TO 08N164W TO 21N180E TO 
26N178E TO 20N167E TO 21N160E...EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF 27N 
BETWEEN 146W AND 157W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF LINE 
FROM 30N176E TO 26N169E TO 30N161E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 
LINE FROM 14N140W TO 08N148W TO 08N170W TO 22N174W TO 21N177E TO 
22N173E TO 16N167E TO 16N160E...EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF 20N 
BETWEEN 147W AND 164W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 07N150W TO 08N170W TO 07N177E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM N OF ITCZ...EXCEPT WITHIN 240 NM N OF 
ITCZ BETWEEN 169W AND 174W.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.