Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 04:01:45 -0600

611 
FZPN01 KWBC 041001
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SAT DEC 04 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 04. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 05. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 06. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 48N146W 998 MB. A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER NE TO 59N139W AND SW FROM LOW TO 40N150W. WITHIN 300 
NM E AND 240 NM S OF THE FRONT N OF 48N AND 240 NM E OF THE 
FRONT S OF 48N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N149W 982 MB. FRONT WILL EXTEND FROM LOW
CENTER TO 46N140W TO 40N136W TO 34N140W TO 30N150W. WITHIN 360 
NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 26 FT. ALSO BETWEEN 
180 NM AND 600 NM W...120 NM NE QUADRANT AND E OF THE FRONT N OF 
35N  WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 900 
NM SW SEMICIRCLE...420 NM NE QUADRANT...480 NM E OF THE FRONT N 
OF 45N AND 240 NM E OF THE FRONT S OF 45N WINDS 25 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 61N165W 981 MB MOVING SE 20. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 60N150W 
TO 56N147W TO 42N164W. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 480 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
AND WITHIN 120 NM OF THE FRONT N OF 52N. WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 
18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 900 NM S AND 780 NM W QUADRANTS 
AND 240 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N153W 995 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
BETWEEN 240 NM AND 660 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 
TO 23 FT. ALSO FROM 35N TO 50N BETWEEN 150W AND 172W AND FROM 
50N TO 55N BETWEEN 155W AND 177W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
20 FT. .48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS TO MERGE WITH LOW 
51N149W MENTIONED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 39N136W 1014 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM 
W SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N134W 1004 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 360 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N128W 1007 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE 
QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.A FRONT EXTENDS FROM 30N177E TO 35N177W TO 42N164W. BETWEEN THE 
FRONT AND 160E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT...HIGHEST 
NEAR 37N180W.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 31N176W 1001 MB. FROM 32N TO 38N 
BETWEEN 172W AND 173E WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 26 FT. ALSO 
FROM 31N TO 42N BETWEEN 166E AND 172W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N173E 993 MB. WITHIN 360 NM N AND 540 NM 
NE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 720 NM NW AND N QUADRANTS AND 900 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.N OF 42N TO 51N AND W OF 166E SE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS TO 9 
TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 42N AND BETWEEN 163E AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 47N BETWEEN 168E AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 64N AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 61N AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 61N AND E OF 171W AREAS OF LIGHT TO 
MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 35N127W 1005 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 180 NM S AND 120 NM 
N SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N130W 1004 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS TO MERGE WITH LOW 51N149W 
MENTIONED IN WARNINGS SECTION.  

.FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 163W AND 172W SE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 120 NM E OF 
A LINE FROM 50N154W TO 34N178W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N 
OF 42N AND W OF 169E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 45N BETWEEN 166E AND 171E. 

.HIGH 37N153W 1032 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N153W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 47N173E 1037 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N179W 1040 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N176W 1037 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N162E 1021 MB. 

.FORECASTER OSZAJCA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SAT DEC 04.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN DEC 05.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON DEC 06.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N127W TO 25N130W TO 16N140W. NW OF FRONT N TO 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 28N E OF FRONT 
TO 125W SW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N124W TO 19N133W. N OF 26N W 
OF 130W W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 30N122W TO 22N130W.
N OF 27N BETWEEN 125W AND 136W W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 16 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 125W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 29N W OF 137W SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 
FROM 30N122W TO 24N130W TO 20N137W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W 
TO 11N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE 
S OF 12N BETWEEN 98W AND 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 
13N98W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 90W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 18N125W TO 11N128W. FROM 14N TO 
19N W OF TROUGH TO 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW 
SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SAT DEC 4...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N83W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 08N98W TO 10N118W TO 08N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.