Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 04:40:13 -0600

798 
FZPN40 PHFO 041040
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SAT DEC 04 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 04 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 05 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 06 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 26N177E 1002 MB MOVING NNE 10 KT. FRONTS FROM LOW TO 30N177E... 
AND FROM LOW TO 21N178E TO 16N172E. FRONT S OF LOW MOVING E 
SLOWLY...AND FRONT N OF LOW NEARLY STATIONARY. S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT WITHIN 360 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS OF LOW. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 330 NM NE QUADRANT OF LOW. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 150 NM E OF FRONTS...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF A POINT 
18S175W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N176E 1001 MB. FRONT FROM LOW TO 25N173E TO 
19N170E. S WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 178W AND 176E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED FAR N OF FORECAST WATERS. FRONT FROM 
30N177E TO 24N172E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS OVER FORECAST 
WATERS.

.SHEAR LINE FROM 18N140W TO 16N150W TO 20N160W TO 28N169W MOVING S 
SLOWLY AND WEAKENING. E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA FROM 14N TO 
22N E OF 153W. E TO SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA N OF 15N BETWEEN 
153W AND 167W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF SHEAR LINE W 
OF 164W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SHEAR LINE DISSIPATED. E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
IN AREA FROM 14N TO 18N BETWEEN 150W AND 160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH FROM 27N171E TO 24N170E TO 23N160E MOVING S SLOWLY. N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 270 NM N OF OF TROUGH. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM E OF TROUGH N OF 25N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH ABSORBED BY LOW AND FRONT DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW FRONT FROM 30N149W TO 29N160W TO 30N166W. SW 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 150W AND 143W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N146W TO 26N140W MOVING S SLOWLY.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 30N153W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED E OF AREA.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA. 

.SEAS 12 TO 17 FT IN AREA N OF 26N W OF 168E. SEAS 12 TO 13 FT IN 
AREA N OF 23N BETWEEN 162W AND 168W...AND IN AREA FROM 15N TO 23N 
BETWEEN 148W AND 156W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN AREA N OF 20N BETWEEN 170W 
AND 168E...ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 10N E OF 170W...AND ELSEWHERE IN 
AREA N OF 23N W OF 168E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA S OF 10N BETWEEN 
160W AND 168W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 11 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF 27N W OF 175W...AND 
IN AREA N OF 28N E OF 144W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 
20N W OF 173E...ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 24N W OF 180E...ELSEWHERE IN 
AREA N OF 20N BETWEEN 174W AND 180E...AND ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 
11N E OF 146W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN AREA FROM 08N TO 26N BETWEEN 146W 
AND 160W...AND IN AREA N OF 10N BETWEEN 160W AND 174W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT IN AREA N OF 25N W OF 176W. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 16N W OF 170E...AND ELSEWHERE IN 
AREA N OF 20N W OF 180E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 10N E OF 
150W...AND IN AREA N 20N BETWEEN 164W AND 180E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
AREA FROM 08N TO 18N BETWEEN 150W AND 170W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF POINTS 22N172W AND 19N166W.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 07N160W TO 08N175E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 150 NM N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 161W AND 172W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER HOUSTON. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.