Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 06:30:13 -0600

765 
ATHW40 PHFO 041230
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC SAT DEC 04 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC DECEMBER 04 2010

THE TAIL END OF AN OLD FRONTAL REMNANT SOUTH OF THE STATE HAS 
DISSIPATED.  THE LOW CLOUDS FROM THE DECAYED FRONTAL BAND NOW 
BLENDED IN WITH ALL THE OTHER LOW CLOUDS SURROUNDING THE HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS.  RANDOMLY DISTRIBUTED PATCHES AND SMALL CLUSTERS OF 
SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS SURROUNDED THE STATE.  EACH OF THESE 
LOW CLOUDS WERE SEPARATED BY FAIRLY GENEROUS AMOUNTS OF CLEAR SKY. 
THE LOW CLOUDS NEAR THE ISLANDS WERE MOVING WEST NEAR 25 MILES AN 
HOUR.  

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWED AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH EXTENDING THROUGH 
30N 132W TO 26N 140W TO 23N 155W.  THE WEST END OF THE TROUGH WAS 
MOVING SOUTHEAST NEAR 35 MILES AN HOUR WHILE THE EAST SEGMENT WAS 
MOVING DUE EAST.  A 275 MILES WIDE STRAND OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST 
CIRRUS SAT IMMEDIATELY SOUTH OF THE TROUGH.  THE CIRRUS WAS CENTERED 
ALONG A LINE FROM 20N 151W TO 23N 135W.  THIS LARGE STRAND OF HIGH 
CLOUDS WAS MOVING EAST AT 50 TO 60 MILES AN HOUR.  

A DISTINCT UPPER LEVEL LOW WAS NEAR 25N 172E.  TWO OTHER WEAKER... 
NEARLY INDISCERNIBLE UPPER LOWS WERE NEAR 21N 177W AND 30N 180E.  
THE UNSTABLE AIR MASS IN THIS REGION WAS GENERATING WIDELY SCATTERED 
THUNDERSTORMS FROM 17N TO 31N BETWEEN 172W AND 178E.  THE 
THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF 23N WERE NEARLY STATIONARY.  THOSE NORTH OF 
23N WERE DRIFTING NORTHWARD. 

TWO NORTHWEST TO SOUTHEAST ALIGNED BANDS OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST 
LAYERED CLOUDS...EACH CONTAINING A HANDFUL OF SMALL...ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS...WERE LOCATED FROM 15N TO 30N BETWEEN 162W AND 170W. 

ELSEWHERE...ISOLATED TO WIDELY SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ALONG THE 
ITCZ WERE MAINLY FORMING BETWEEN 06N AND 10N FROM 135W TO 170W.
MOST OF THE STORMS HAD WEAKENED DURING THE NIGHT.  BUT SOME OF THE 
HIGHEST STORM TOPS WERE STILL UP NEAR 47000 FEET.    

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.