Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 10:26:39 -0600

729 
FZPN01 KWBC 041625
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SAT DEC 04 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 04. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 05. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 06. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N146W 991 MB. A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 40N156W TO 35N150W. WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 
36N...AND BETWEEN FRONT AND 157W FROM 38N TO 48N WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 34N TO 50N BETWEEN FRONT AND 
160W...AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF A LINE FROM 59N139W TO 50N146W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N150W 971 MB. FRONT WILL EXTEND FROM 
50N148W TO 50N140W TO 45N134W TO 38N135W TO 30N145W. FROM 44N TO 
52N BETWEEN 150W AND 160W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 27 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM W AND NW SEMICIRCLES...ALSO WITHIN 300 
NM AND 180 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 60N164W 982 MB MOVING SE 20. WITHIN 600 NM SW SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM 
SE...780 NM S...720 NM SW AND 480 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N154W 997 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 600 NM 
W QUADRANT...AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 840 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS...AND FROM 34N TO 50N BETWEEN 157W ND 170W WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS TO MERGE WITH LOW 47N150W 
MENTIONED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 37N135W 1008 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. BETWEEN 34N AND 40N FROM 
139W TO 144W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 
42N BETWEEN 137W AND 145W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N132W 1003 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 300 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.A FRONT EXTENDS FROM 30N178E TO 33N175W TO 40N163W. BETWEEN THE 
FRONT AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N174W 1000 MB. FROM 32N TO 40N BETWEEN 
173W AND 172E WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 780 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N173E 992 MB. FROM 36N TO 45N BETWEEN 
170E AND 180W...ALSO WITHIN 360 NM N OF A LINE FROM 35N180W TO 
33N173W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 17 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
240 NM OF CENTER...EXCEPT WITHIN 420 NM N OF A LINE FROM 36N180W 
TO 30N170W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.N OF 40N W OF 164E WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 40N W OF 168W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 41N BETWEEN 162E AND 174E WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 50N BETWEEN 170E AND 180W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 37N127W 1003 MB MOVING NW 25 KT. WITHIN 180 NM W AND S 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST 43N132W 1000 MB. FROM 40N TO 48N BETWEEN 126W 
AND 134W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 60N148W 993 MB MOVING N 10 KT. WITHIN 240 NM E OF A LINE 
FROM 60N142W TO 50N150W TO 45N156W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 63N AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 61N AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N AND NE OF A LINE FROM 64N172W TO 58N163W 
AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N OF 45N W OF 162E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 42N AND W OF 170E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 43N BETWEEN 166E AND 175E. 

.HIGH 36N152W 1029 MB MOVING S 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 47N176E 1039 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N178W 1039 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N176W 1038 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N162E 1021 MB. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SAT DEC 04.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN DEC 05.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON DEC 06.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N96W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS BUILDING 9 TO 12 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14N96W TO 12N100W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 12N BETWEEN 95W AND 110W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 
16N94.5W TO 14N96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N96W TO 12N100W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N125W TO 24N130W TO 17N140W. NW OF FRONT NW 
TO N WINDS 20 KT...EXCEPT N TO NE S OF 20N. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN 
NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N123W TO 21N130W. N OF 26N W 
OF 128W W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 27N BETWEEN 124W 
AND 132W W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N123W TO 20N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N W OF 135W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 30N122W TO 
22N130W TO 20N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL.

.WITHIN 75 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 11N86W TO 09N90W INCLUDING 
GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 11N86W TO 
09N92W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 11N86W TO 
09N89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 
FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 18N127W TO 11N131W. FROM 12N TO 
20N W OF TROUGH TO 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW 
SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1430 UTC SAT DEC 4...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N83W TO WEAK LOW 
PRES NEAR 07N100W TO 10N118W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 90 NM N OF AXIS W OF 132W. 

$$
.FORECASTER COBB. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.