Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 10:45:25 -0600

402 
FZPN40 PHFO 041645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SAT DEC 04 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 04 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 05 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 06 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 28N179E 1001 MB MOVING NNE 10 KT. FRONTS FROM 30N178E THROUGH
LOW TO 22N178E TO 16N173E. FRONT S OF LOW MOVING E SLOWLY...AND 
FRONT N OF LOW NEARLY STATIONARY. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 360 NM SE QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 180 NM NE QUADRANT OF LOW. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TO LOCALLY STRONG TSTMS N OF 17N BETWEEN 172W AND 
179E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF FORECAST WATERS. FRONT FROM 30N175E 
TO 20N166E. S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 23N BETWEEN 177W AND 178E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N178E TO 26N176E TO 23N168E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.SHEAR LINE FROM 18N140W TO 16N151W TO 20N162W TO 28N169W MOVING S 
SLOWLY AND WEAKENING. E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT FROM 14N TO 24N 
BETWEEN 145W AND 160W. E TO SE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 15N BETWEEN 
160W AND 168W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF SHEAR LINE W 
OF 165W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SHEAR LINE DISSIPATED. E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
FROM 14N TO 18N BETWEEN 149W AND 161W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH FROM 26N174E TO 21N167E TO 21N160E MOVING S SLOWLY. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH N OF 23N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH ABSORBED BY FRONT DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW FRONT FROM 30N146W TO 29N152W TO 28N162W TO 
30N168W. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 27N E OF 148W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N148W TO 26N144W TO 26N140W MOVING S SLOWLY.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 28N153W 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED E OF FORECAST WATERS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA. 

.SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF 24N W OF 170E. SEAS 12 TO 13 FT N OF 24N 
BETWEEN 163W AND 169W...AND FROM 15N TO 19N BETWEEN 148W AND 158W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN OF 20N BETWEEN 170W AND 178E...ELSEWHERE N OF 10N 
E OF 170W...AND ELSEWHERE N OF 22N W OF 170E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 
23N BETWEEN 178E AND 170E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT S OF 10N BETWEEN 161W AND 
167W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 11 TO 15 FT N OF 27N E OF 146W. SEAS 11 TO 14 
FT N OF 27N W OF 175W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 18N W OF 
171E...ELSEWHERE N OF 23N BETWEEN 180E AND 171E...ELSEWHERE N OF 
20N BETWEEN 175W AND 180E...AND ELSEWHERE N OF 11N E OF 146W. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT FROM 08N TO 26N BETWEEN 146W AND 161W...AND N OF 10N 
BETWEEN 160W AND 175W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 25N W OF 175E. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF 16N W OF 170E...AND ELSEWHERE N OF 20N BETWEEN 
163W AND 170E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 10N E OF 150W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT 
FROM 07N TO 18N BETWEEN 150W AND 171W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 08N160W TO 10N174E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 150 NM N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 155W AND 170W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER HOUSTON. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.