Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 12:41:53 -0600

920 
ATHW40 PHFO 041841
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC SAT DEC 04 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC DECEMBER 04 2010

AN UPPER LEVEL LOW IS SITUATED ABOUT 1500 MILES NORTHEAST OF 
HONOLULU THIS MORNING NEAR 34.4N 138.0W. AN ASSOCIATED UPPER LEVEL 
TROUGH AXIS EXTENDS FROM 30N 130W TO 20N 156W. THE TAIL END OF THE 
TROUGH IS PASSING OVER THE BIG ISLAND AT 8 AM. 

LOW CLOUDS UPSTREAM OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS ARE MOVING FROM THE 
EAST AROUND 25 MPH. LOW CLOUDS ARE CONCENTRATED OVER THE EAST SIDES 
OF THE ISLANDS AS A RESULT.

ON KAUAI...SCATTERED CLOUDS COVER MOST OF THE ISLAND. ON 
OAHU...CLOUDS ARE PLENTIFUL OVER THE KOOLAU MOUNTAIN RANGE. 
ADDITIONAL CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE CENTRAL VALLEY OF OAHU AND OVER 
THE NORTHERN HALF OF THE WAIANAE RANGE. MOLOKAI HAS CLOUDS OVER THE 
HALAWA VALLEY...AND LANAI HAS CLOUDS FORMING OVER THE EAST FACING 
SLOPES. MEANWHILE...JUST A FEW CLOUDS ARE NOTED OVER KAHOOLAWE. ON 
MAUI...CLOUDS ARE PLENTIFUL OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE WEST 
MAUI MOUNTAINS...AND OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA FROM 
HOOKIPA BEACH PARK TO HANA TO KAUPO. 

THE BIG ISLAND HAS CLOUDS BUILDING OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF 
THE KOHALA MOUNTAIN RANGE AT 8 AM. ADDITIONAL CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER 
THE SLOPES OF THE NORTH HILO...SOUTH HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS. A FEW 
CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE KAU...SOUTH KONA AND NORTH KONA DISTRICTS.

A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM NEAR 30N AND THE DATELINE HAS THUNDERSTORMS 
ASSOCIATED WITH IT. THE LARGEST CONCENTRATION OF THUNDERSTORMS IS 
BETWEEN 15N AND 25N...FROM 170W AND THE DATELINE.    

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.