Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 15:52:31 -0600

151 
FZPN01 KWBC 042152
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SAT DEC 04 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 04. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 05. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 06. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.A FRONT EXTENDS FROM 30N178E TO 32N180W TO 35N170W TO 40N160W. 
BETWEEN THE FRONT AND 172E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N173W 999 MB. FROM 33N TO 41N BETWEEN 
171E AND 180W...ALSO WITHIN 420 NM N OF A LINE FROM 33N180W TO 
31N172W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 17 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
660 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N171E 989 MB. FROM 39N TO 43N BETWEEN 
169E AND 178E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 180 NM S SEMICIRCLE...240 NM NW...360 NM N AND 480 NM NE 
QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 360 NM N OF A LINE FROM 38N175E TO 
33N173W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ALSO WITHIN 480 NM 
W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N147W 977 MB. A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 44N143W TO 40N142W TO 35N146W TO 32N152W. WITHIN 180 
NM W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 140W AND 168W...ALSO FROM 50N 
TO 59N BETWEEN 157W AND 170W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 
FT. ALSO S OF 40N BETWEEN FRONT AND 154W...AND WITHIN 120 NM E 
OF FRONT...AND FROM 50N TO 58N BETWEEN 136W AND 147W WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N149W 968 MB. FRONT WILL EXTEND FROM 
50N150W TO 50N140W TO 40N132W TO 30N142W. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...AND FROM 40N TO 46N BETWEEN 150W AND 157W WINDS 40 
TO 55 KT. SEAS 22 TO 35 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE...ALSO WITHIN 540 NM S...660 W AND NW QUADRANTS...AND 
240 NM NE OF FRONT E OF 140W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 
FT. ALSO WITHIN 840 NM OF CENTER OVER FORECAST WATERS WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 60N161W 987 MB MOVING SE 20. WITHIN 660 NM SW AND 540 NM NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 
40N BETWEEN 160W AND 175W...ALSO WITHIN 660 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 47N147W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 34N136W 1007 MB MOVING E 10 KT. BETWEEN 31N AND 38N FROM 
138W TO 143W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N130W 1002 MB. S OF 35N BETWEEN 125W AND 
134W...ALSO WITHIN 360 NM E SEMICIRCLE OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.N OF 42N W OF 167E WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 40N W OF 170E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 43N BETWEEN 165E AND 177E WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 55N BETWEEN 176E AND 174W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 38N127W 1004 MB MOVING NW 25 KT. WITHIN 180 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM OF 
CENTER...EXCEPT OUT TO 420 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST 45N134W 999 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 42N TO 51N 
BETWEEN 126W AND 135W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 60N148W 996 MB MOVING N 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 60N141W 
TO 50N148W TO 40N160W. WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 50N WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 63N AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 64N172W TO 59N162W AREAS OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N E OF 170W AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE 
FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N OF 42N W OF 165E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 42N BETWEEN 163E AND 171E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM E OF A LINE FROM 
59N176E TO 46N165E. 

.HIGH 33N152W 1027 MB MOVING S 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 47N178E 1038 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N177W 1038 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N174W 1038 MB. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SAT DEC 04.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN DEC 05.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON DEC 06.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W INCLUDING
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W INCLUDING
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 12N100W INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 6N TO 12N BETWEEN 97W AND 104W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM
16N95W TO 14N96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 13N98W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 11N100W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N124W TO 20N133W WITH SHEAR LINE TO 15N140W. 
NW OF BOUNDARY WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N124W TO 23N128W WITH SHEAR 
LINE TO 15N140W. N OF 26N W OF FRONT TO 135W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF BOUNDARY 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. NW OF LINE 30N133W TO 
27N140W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 30N121W TO 20N128W TO 16N140W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.WITHIN 75 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 11N86W TO 09N90W INCLUDING 
GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 11N86W TO 
09N95W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 11N86W TO 
09N90W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 
FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 19N127W TO 12N131W. FROM 12N TO 
20N W OF TROUGH TO 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC SAT DEC 4...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 07N86W TO LOW PRES NEAR 07N100W TO 10N124W TO 08N131W TO 
09N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.