Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 18:11:10 -0600

585 
FZPN40 PHFO 050011 CCA
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...CORRECTED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SAT DEC 04 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 04 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 05 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 06 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 28N178E 1001 MB MOVING NNW 10 KT. FRONT FROM 30N178E THROUGH
LOW TO 22N180W TO 17N173E. FRONT S OF LOW MOVING NE 10 KT...AND 
FRONT N OF LOW MOVING NNW 10 KT. SE TO S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 
180 NM E OF FRONTS AND LOW. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 29N BETWEEN 
LOW AND 170E.  TROUGH FROM LOW TO 23N174E TO 20N168E MOVING NNW 10 
KT. SCATTERED MODERATE TO LOCALLY STRONG TSTMS N OF 15N BETWEEN 170W 
AND 179E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF AREA. FRONT FROM 30N178W TO 
23N179E. S WINDS 20 TO 20 KT WITHIN 90 NM E OF FRONT. TROUGH FROM 
30N174E TO 23N173E TO 16N167E.
TO 20N166E. S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 23N BETWEEN 177W AND 178E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF AREA. TROUGH FROM 30N173E TO 
25N173E TO 19N170E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW FRONT FROM 30N141W TO 27N147W TO 30N169W. SW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 180 NM SE OF FRONT E OF 155W.

.RIDGE FROM 25N140W TO 30N150W MOVING SW 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 26N151W 1019 MB. RIDGE FROM 24N140W 
THROUGH HIGH TO 30N165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. RIDGE FROM 23N140W TO 23N153W TO 
30N161W.

.RIDGE FROM 20N170W TO 16N179W TO 15N168E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E TO SE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BOUNDED BY 28N168W 15N145W 02N160W 
28N168W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 14N TO 18N BETWEEN 152W 
AND 162W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT NW OF A LINE FROM 28N140W TO 30N144W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA. 

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N179E TO 23N165E TO 25N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 12N140W TO 08N165W TO 
25N175E TO 20N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT NE OF A LINE FROM 25N140W TO 
30N145W AND N OF A LINE FROM 30N175W TO 26N170E TO 29N160E...SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 10N140W TO 05N155W TO 20N175E 
TO 15N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N175E TO 
25N165E TO 27N160E...SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 
28N140W TO 13N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT BOUNDED BY 25N140W 15N140W 
00N155W 15N170W 25N140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 05N155W TO 09N170W TO 02N160E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS 90 NM OF THE ITCZ E OF 175W.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.