Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 18:37:29 -0600

032 
ATHW40 PHFO 050037
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SUN DEC 05 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC DECEMBER 05 2010

LOW CLOUDS OVER THE SMALLER ISLANDS HAVE GENERALLY THINNED SINCE 
DAYBREAK. AT 2 PM...JUST A FEW CLOUDS WERE OVER NIIHAU...KAUAI AND 
OAHU. CLOUDS REMAIN OVER HALAWA VALLEY ON MOLOKAI...BUT HAVE 
DECREASED IN AREAL COVERAGE OVER THE LAST SEVERAL HOURS. JUST A FEW 
CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER LANAI AND KAHOOLAWE AT 2 PM. ON MAUI...CLOUDS 
REMAIN OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS...BUT 
HAVE THINNED A BIT SINCE DAYBREAK. SIMILARLY...CLOUDS HAVE THINNED 
OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA...WHILE A FEW CLOUDS HAVE 
FORMED OVER THE NORTHWEST FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA.

ON THE BIG ISLAND...CLOUDS REMAIN OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE 
KOHALA MOUNTAINS...AND OVER THE NORTH HILO...SOUTH HILO AND PUNA 
DISTRICTS. A SMALL BATCH OF CLOUDS IS NOTED UPSLOPE OF PUNALUU AND 
HAWAIIAN OCEAN VIEW ESTATES IN THE KAU DISTRICT AT 2 PM. LOW CLOUDS 
INCREASED OVER THE SOUTH KONA AND NORTH KONA DISTRICTS...WITH MOSTLY 
CLOUDY SKIES OVERHEAD AT 2 PM.

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS THE UPPER LEVEL LOW TO THE NORTHEAST OF 
THE ISLANDS TO BE NEAR 33.4N 136.3W...ABOUT 1560 MILES NORTHEAST OF 
HONOLULU AT 2 PM. THE ASSOCIATED UPPER LEVEL TROUGH AXIS HAS SHIFTED 
SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND. THE TROUGH AXIS LIES ALONG A ROUGH LINE 
FROM 29N 129W TO 17N 154W. 

A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM NEAR THE DATELINE CONTINUES TO SPARK 
THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 170W AND THE DATELINE. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.