Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 21:04:10 -0600

984 
ATPQ40 PGUM 050303
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST SUN DEC 5 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A WEAK COLD FRONT STRETCHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM NORTH OF MINAMI 
TORISHIMA THROUGH 25N150E TO 24N147E...THEN CONTINUES AS A SHEAR 
LINE TO BEYOND 130E AT 18N. CLOUDS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND 
ALONG AND UP TO 150 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS FEATURE.

AN OLD SHEAR LINE EXTENDS EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 13N130E TO NEAR 
GUAM AT 11N145E TO END JUST WEST OF ENEWETAK ATOLL AT 11N161E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE SEEN ALONG AND UP TO 
150 MILES NORTH OF THIS BOUNDARY BETWEEN 130E AND 138E...AND WIDELY 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE PRESENT BETWEEN 138E AND 161E.

CONVERGING SURFACE WINDS ARE COUPLING WITH DIVERGING WINDS ALOFT TO 
PRODUCE SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS OVER PALAU BUT 
SOUTH OF YAP...OR SOUTH OF A LINE FROM 10N130E TO 5N143E.

A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS FROM 
SOUTHWEST OF MAJURO THROUGH MALOELAP ATOLL TO NORTHEAST OF THE 
MARSHALL ISLANDS...OR WITHIN 65 MILES OF A LINE FROM 3N166E TO 
8N171E TO 12N173E TO 11N179E.

A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE REACHES NORTHEASTWARD FROM NEAR WAKE ISLAND 
TO BEYOND 25N AT 174E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
ARE OCCURRING IN THE VICINITY OF THIS SYSTEM FROM SOUTH OF WAKE TO 
THE DATE LINE OR WITHIN 115 MILES OF A LINE FROM 16N168E TO 22N180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.