Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 21:51:54 -0600

041 
FZPN01 KWBC 050351
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SUN DEC 05 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 05. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 06. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 07. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 44N152W 1003 MB MOVING NE 10 KT AND INTENSIFYING RAPIDLY 
WILL TURN S AFTER 24 HOURS. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 60N140W TO LOW
CENTER TO 34N164W. WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE OF FRONT AND 600 NM W
AND SW AND 120 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18
FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N148W 984 MB. WITHIN 180 NM W AND SW 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N147W 967 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND 240 NM 
W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ALSO 
WITHIN 300 NM NE...780 NM SE...720 NM SW AND 960 NM NW QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N147W 969 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 900 NM OF 
LOW CENTER N OF 30N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 FT.

..STORM WARNING..
.LOW 31N178E 1002 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. WITHIN 840 NM E AND NE AND
540 NM NW QUADRANTS N OF 30N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N173E 998 MB. WITHIN 540 NM E AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ALSO WITHIN 600 NM
N AND NE...900 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS AND BETWEEN 300 NM AND 600 
NM W AND NW QUADRANTS N OF 30N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N169E 992 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
30N166W TO LOW CENTER. WITHIN 240 NM N OF LOW CENTER W OF 175W 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 33 FT. ALSO WITHIN 540 NM N OF
FRONT AND 120 NM SE...240 NM SW AND 300 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 33N135W 1004 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
135W AND 143W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 31N TO 39N BETWEEN 130W AND 146W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N129W 1001 MB. FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 
120W AND 133W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
45N147W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 40N128W 1003 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. WITHIN 180 NM E AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240
NM OF CENTER...EXCEPT OUT TO 360 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT.
SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST 48N136W 995 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NE AND 240 NM SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 45N147W ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N159W 991 MB MOVING SE 20. WITHIN 900 NM SW AND 660 NM NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 47N147W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 42N160E TO 51N163E. WITHIN 240 NM E AND NE 
OF FRONT WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480
NM E AND NE OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 45N BETWEEN 179W AND 165E WINDS 20 TO 30
KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 54N BETWEEN 167W AND 175E WINDS 20 TO 30
KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 61N OVER ICE FREE WATERS OF THE BERING SEA AREAS OF
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 63N172W TO 57N163W AREAS OF
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 58N E OF 168W TO THE W COAST OF ALASKA 
AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N OF 42N W OF 165E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 42N BETWEEN 163E AND 171E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM E OF A LINE FROM 
59N176E TO 46N165E. 

.HIGH 31N152W 1024 MB MOVING SE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 46N180W 1040 MB MOVING NE 15 KT WILL BECOME STATIONARY
AFTER 24 HOURS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N176W 1039 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FORECASTER MILLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SUN DEC 05.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON DEC 06.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE DEC 07.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W INCLUDING
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W INCLUDING
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 6N TO 
12N BETWEEN 97W AND 103W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 
16N95W TO 13N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 13N98W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 13N96W TO 10N102W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.

.DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 30N124W TO 27N126W WITH SHEAR LINE 
TO 16N140W. N OF 27N W OF 131W W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF BOUNDARY WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N SWELL. 
.12 HOUR FOPRECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 26N BETWEEN 126W 
AND 139W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 13N W OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N W OF 122W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 13N W OF 125W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N134W TO 27N140W SW WINDS 20 TO 25
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N121W TO 15N140W WINDS
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N132W TO 26N140W SW WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. TROUGH FROM 21N127W TO 12N131W. FROM 17N 
TO 21N BETWEEN 125W AND 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 15N TO 27N W OF 124W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 10N87W TO 09N92W NE WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC SUN DEC 5...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N84W TO 06N92W TO 
LOW PRES NEAR 07N101W TO 10N125W TO 08N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT 
CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.