Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 22:45:14 -0600

654 
FZPN40 PHFO 050445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SUN DEC 05 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 05 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 06 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 07 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N179E TO 25N179W TO 21N180W MOVING NE 10 KT AND 
DISSIPATING. S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT. TROUGH 
FROM 30N178E TO 22N174E TO 14N166E MOVING NNW 10 KT. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO LOCALLY STRONG TSTMS N OF 15N BETWEEN 169W AND 180W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS. TROUGH FROM 30N175E TO 21N171E TO 17N167E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK TROUGH FROM 30N175E TO 23N164E.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW FRONT FROM 30N150W TO 29N155W TO 30N160W. SW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 120 NM SE OF FRONT E OF 155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 28N160W TO 30N168W. SW 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM SE OF FRONT E OF 150W.

.RIDGE FROM 23N140W TO 30N151W MOVING SE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 25N145W 1018 MB. RIDGE FROM 25N140W 
THROUGH HIGH TO 25N155W TO 30N165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. RIDGE FROM 23N140W TO 22N150W TO 
224N155W TO 30N160W.

.RIDGE FROM 20N175W TO 14N175E TO 14N168E MOVING NW SLOWLY.

.E TO SE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BOUNDED BY 25N165W 15N145W 10N160W 
25N165W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 11N TO 18N BETWEEN 155W 
AND 165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT NW OF A LINE FROM 28N140W TO 30N144W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA. 

.SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N180E TO 23N164E TO 25N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 13N140W TO 07N160W TO 
25N175E TO 20N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N179W TO 
26N170E TO 28N160E...SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
10N140W TO 05N155W TO 20N175E TO 15N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N173E TO 
25N165E TO 27N160E...SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 
27N140W TO 25N180W TO 15N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT S OF 20N W OF 180W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 07N155W TO 10N170W TO 10N173E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS 90 NM OF THE ITCZ E OF 175W.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.