Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 03:58:41 -0600

373 
FZPN01 KWBC 050955
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SUN DEC 05 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 05. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 06. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 07. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 45N149W 995 MB MOVING NE 10 KT AND INTENSIFYING RAPIDLY WILL
TURN S AFTER 24 HOURS. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 59N138W TO LOW CENTER
TO 35N157W. WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT AND 720 NM W AND SW AND 240
NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N147W 984 MB. WITHIN 120 NM W AND SW
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N148W 968 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND 240 NM
W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ALSO
WITHIN 780 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND 180 NM SE AND 840 NM SW QUADRANTS
N OF 30N...AND WITHIN 180 NM E AND NE OF A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM
30N145W TO 36N137W TO 45N138W TO 49N145W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS
14 TO 28 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N148W 976 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW SEMICIRCLE
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 22 TO 38 FT. ALSO WITHIN 900 NM SW
SEMICIRCLE N OF 30N...AND 180 NM NE QUADRANT...AND ELSEWHERE
BETWEEN 480 NM AND 960 NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS
12 TO 32 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 41N152W.

...STORM WARNING.. 
.LOW 32N176E 1002 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW
CENTER TO 35N157W. WITHIN 420 NM N AND NW OF FRONT AND WITHIN 780
NM N AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N174E 997 MB. WITHIN 480 NM E AND NE
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ALSO WITHIN 960 NM
E AND NE...AND 540 NM N QUADRANTS N OF 30N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT.
SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 1200 NM E AND NE AND 960 NM N
AND NW QUADRANTS N OF 30N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N172E 994 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NE QUADRANT
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N169E 994 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM
32N166W TO LOW CENTER. WITHIN 240 NM N OF FRONT W OF 180W WINDS
40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ALSO WITHIN 660 NM N AND NW OF
FRONT E OF 175E...AND WITHIN 480 NM N OF FRONT W OF 175E...AND
WITHIN 300 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 28
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 41N169E.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 34N132W 1003 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN
128W AND 142W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N130W 1001 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N128W 1004 MB. WITHIN 360 NM OF LOW
CENTER...EXCEPT W AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO
15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 43N148W
ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 42N130W 1002 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW CENTER
EXCEPT SW QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N133W 1001 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NE AND 240
NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 48N148W
ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N153W 994 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 960 NM SW
QUADRANT AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 720 NM N AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 48N148W
ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 43N161E TO 52N164E. WITHIN 420 NM E AND NE OF
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540
NM E AND NE OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 51N BETWEEN 176E AND 169E WINDS 25 TO 35
KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ALSO N OF 48N BETWEEN 178W AND 167E WINDS 20
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 57N W OF 166W OVER THE BERING SEA WINDS 20
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 61N OVER ICE FREE WATERS OF THE BERING SEA AREAS OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 62N175W TO 57N164W AREAS OF
LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF THE W COAST OF ALASKA OVER THE 
BERING SEA N OF 58N AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N OF 42N W OF 170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 42N BETWEEN 166E AND 177E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 45N TO 54N BETWEEN 164E AND
176E.

.HIGH 46N178W 1040 MB MOVING NE 15 KT WILL BECOME NEARLY
STATIONARY AFTER 24 HOURS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N175W 1037 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N177W 1038 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N160E 1021 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 51N177W ABOVE.

.FORECASTER MILLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SUN DEC 05.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON DEC 06.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE DEC 07.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W INCLUDING
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W INCLUDING
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 12N98W INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 06N TO 12N BETWEEN 97W AND 103W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 13N96W TO 13N98W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 15N95W TO 13N96W TO 12N98W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST 09N TO 11N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO 
NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.LOW PRES NEAR 07N104W 1010 MB. WITHIN 90 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 08N110W 1009 MB. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 08N115W 1011 MB. WITHIN 60 NM N 
QUAD WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.SHEAR LINE FROM 30N123W TO 20N133W TO 16N140W. N OF 26N W OF 
135W W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT IN NW SWELL. N 
OF 26N SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE NW 
OF SHEAR LINE WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 11N TO 20N W OF 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NW WINDS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N W OF 135W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 20N123W TO 20N135W 
TO 20N140W. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. 
FROM 07N TO 20N W OF 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN N 
SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N W OF 135W SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 12N TO 23N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N E OF 116W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 20 KT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 25N TO 29N NW WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SUN DEC 5...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO 06N90W TO 
LOW PRES NEAR 07N104W TO 09N124W TO 07N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT 
CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.