Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 05:39:49 -0600

365 
FZPN40 PHFO 051040
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SUN DEC 05 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 05 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 06 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 07 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 31N176E 1002 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. FRONT FROM 30N179E TO 26N179W 
TO 20N177E TO 16N170E. FRONT MOVING NE SLOWLY AND WEAKENING. S WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 90 NM E OF FRONT N OF 25N. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 
25N175E TO 22N170E NEARLY STATIONARY. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT...AND ALSO BETWEEN FRONT AND TROUGH FROM 22N 
TO 26N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF FORECAST AREA. LITTLE CHANGE IN POSITION 
OF FRONT. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 22N174E. 
SEE KWBC FORECAST FOR STORM CONDITIONS N OF FORECAST AREA.

.HIGH 28N154W 1022 MB MOVING S SLOWLY. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 25N140W 
AND TO 27N170W TO 16N175E. RIDGES MOVING SE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK HIGH 25N154W 1018 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW FRONT FROM 30N146W TO 29N155W TO 30N165W. SW 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 60 NM SE OF FRONT E OF 146W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 27N151W TO 30N163W. SW 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM SE OF FRONT E OF 148W.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN AREA FROM 12N TO 17N BETWEEN 145W AND 
161W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA. 

.SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF 26N E OF 146W. SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 27N W OF 
175W. SEAS MOSTLY 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 19N W OF 174W AND N OF 
09N E OF 174W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N178E TO 
22N170E TO 26N160E..SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N152W TO 23N170W TO 16N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 09N TO 18N 
BETWEEN 172W AND 150W AND N OF 10N E OF 150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 28N E OF 160W. SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE 17N140W TO 25N154W TO 29N170W TO 19N170E TO 
18N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 12N TO 18N E OF 151W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 10N144W TO 08N155W TO 09N166W TO 10N175W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ E OF 153W AND WITHIN 90 
NM S OF ITCZ FROM 153W TO 166W.

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.