Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 06:30:16 -0600

492 
ATHW40 PHFO 051230
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC SUN DEC 05 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC DECEMBER 05 2010

AT 2 AM...SKIES WERE MOSTLY CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY OVER MUCH OF THE 
STATE.  PATCHES AND SMALL CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS 
WERE COMMON BETWEEN 50 AND 200 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE ISLAND CHAIN.  
AND SIMILAR CLOUDS EXTENDED 700 MILES EASTWARD FROM THE BIG ISLAND. 

WEAKENING TRADE WINDS IN THE AREA WERE PUSHING THE LOW CLOUDS WEST 
INTO THE BIG ISLAND.  THOSE CLOUDS EAST OF MAUI COUNTY...OAHU AND 
KAUAI APPEARED TO BE VEERING JUST SLIGHTLY NORTHWESTWARD TO AVOID 
THOSE ISLANDS.  HOWEVER...SOME OF THOSE LOW CLOUDS WERE FINDING 
THEIR WAY ONTO MAINLY THE WINDWARD SECTIONS OF THOSE ISLANDS AS 
WELL.  OTHERWISE...THERE WERE RELATIVELY FEW CLOUDS OVER THE 
SURROUNDING WATERS WITHIN 600 MILES OF THE STATE. 

A LARGE AREA OF UNSTABLE WEATHER REMAIN WELL WEST OF THE ISLANDS 
TOWARD THE INTERNATIONAL DATELINE.  AN UPPER LEVEL LOW NEAR 25N 
177E WAS PRODUCING BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDINESS ALONG WITH 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS NORTH OF 15N BETWEEN 170W AND 175E. 

ELSEWHERE...AN UPPER TROUGH EXTENDED FROM AN UPPER LOW NEAR 34N 
132W THROUGH 30N 135W TO 24N 139W TO NEAR 17N 152W.  A LARGE SWATH 
OF SWATH OF CIRRUS CLOUDS WAS SPREADING EASTWARD SOUTH OF THE 
TROUGH.  ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WERE EMBEDDED BENEATH AND WITHIN THE 
MASS OF HIGH CLOUDS IN THIS REGION.  BUT MOST OF THE THUNDERSTORMS 
WERE EAST OF 147W.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.