Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 08:56:47 -0600

469 
ATPQ40 PGUM 051456
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST MON DEC 6 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SURFACE TROUGH CURVES NORTHWESTWARD FROM EQ129E TO END NEAR THE 
ISLAND OF SAMAR IN THE PHILIPPINES. SURFACE WINDS CONVERGING EAST OF 
THE TROUGH AXIS ARE COUPLING WITH DIVERGING UPPER-LEVEL WINDS TO 
PRODUCE SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS OVER PALAU BUT 
SOUTH OF YAP...OR SOUTH OF A LINE FROM 10N130E TO 9N138E TO 5N141E.

A SHEAR LINE HEADS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N156E TO NEAR MINAMI TORI 
SHIMA AT 24N154E TO BEYOND 130E AT 19N. EAST OF 136E...CLOUDINESS 
AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE PRESENT ALONG THIS BOUNDARY AND NORTHWARD 
TO BEYOND 25N.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF CHUUK WITHIN 80 MILES OF A LINE FROM 2N148E 
TO 5N153E. SIMILAR WEATHER IS OCCURRING WEST OF THE MARIANAS...OR 
WEST OF A LINE FROM 17N134E TO 12N138E. 

A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH ANGLES NORTHEASTWARD FROM NEAR KOSRAE AT 
4N164E...ACROSS KWAJALEIN TO END AT 17N180. SCATTERED LIGHT SHOWERS 
ARE FOUND WITHIN 100 MILES OF THE TROUGH AXIS. ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE PRESENT EAST OF A LINE FROM 14N176E TO 19N180.

$$

AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.