Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 10:26:46 -0600

387 
FZPN01 KWBC 051626
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SUN DEC 05 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 05. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 06. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 07. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 46N147W 988 MB MOVING W 5 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM CENTER TO 
40N145W TO 35N150W TO 31N160W. WITHIN 120 NM E AND 240 NM W OF 
FRONT N OF 35N...ALSO FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN FRONT AND 160W 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM E 
OF A WARM FRONT FROM 59N138W TO 50N146W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N149W 967 MB. FRONT WILL EXTEND FROM 
48N149W TO 49N143W TO 48N137W TO 40N132W TO 35N134W TO 30N144W. 
FROM 43N TO 49N BETWEEN 150W AND 159W WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 
TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM SE...660 NM S...660 NM W...660 
NM NW...360 NM N AND 240 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 23 FT. ALSO WITHIN 360 NM N AND 240 NM NE OF FRONT N OF 
45N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM 
E OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N144W 975 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 22 TO 36 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 34N TO 45N 
BETWEEN 137W AND 151W...ALSO WITHIN 540 NM SW QUADRANT...AND 
WITHIN 300 NM W AND NW OF A LINE FROM 43N153W TO 51N151W...ALSO 
WITHIN 360 NM E OF A LINE FROM 50N136W TO 45N134W TO 40N133W TO 
30N140W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ALSO WITHIN 720 NM 
S SEMICIRCLE...AND FROM 49N TO 53N E OF 144W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 32N174E 1003 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. WITHIN 540 NM N AND NE 
QUADRANTS...ALSO WITHIN 360 NM N OF A LINE FROM 32N180W TO 
32N170W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
660 NM N QUADRANT...AND FROM 31N TO 38N BETWEEN 160W AND 170W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N173E 995 MB. FROM 37N TO 43N BETWEEN 
170E AND 180W...ALSO WITHIN 360 NM N OF A LINE FROM 35N180W TO 
32N172W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 17 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 33N 
TO 43N BETWEEN 162E AND 166E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 
FT. .48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N167E 992 MB. FROM 38N TO 42N 
BETWEEN 170E AND 180W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM S AND 360 NM N SEMICIRCLES...ALSO WITHIN 
420 NM N OF A LINE FROM 38N170E TO 36N180W TO 33N173W WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 35N131W 998 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 
126W AND 130W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 360 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND 240 NM NE QUADRANT OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 43N132W 1003 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. WITHIN 180 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N153W 997 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY 
65N171W...52N172W...41N160W...55N160W...66N168W...65N171W WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 50N TO 56N BETWEEN 
156W AND 160W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 46N149W. 

...GALE WARNING...
.N OF 44N BETWEEN 163E AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 
FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 40N BETWEEN 163E AND 176E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 53N BETWEEN 172E AND 179E WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 58N W OF 173W...AND N OF 64N W OF 167W 
WIDNS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 62N AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 64N171W TO 58N164W AREAS OF 
LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF THE W COAST OF ALASKA OVER THE 
BERING SEA N OF 59N AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N OF 42N W OF 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 45N BETWEEN 168E AND 177E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 48N TO 52N BETWEEN 162E AND 
172E. 

.HIGH 48N179W 1039 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N175W 1038 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N178W 1039 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N164E 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SUN DEC 05.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON DEC 06.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE DEC 07.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
BUILDING 9 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14N96W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. FROM 06N TO 
12N BETWEEN 100W AND 108W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
NE SWELL.
.18 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N96W TO 13N98W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N96W TO 13N98W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 15N94.5W TO 13N97W TO 
12N100W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 88W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST 09N TO 11N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO 
NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.LOW PRES NEAR 08N105W 1009 MB. WITHIN 90 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 08N110W 1009 MB. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 09N115W 1010 MB. LITTLE CHANGE 
IN WINDS AND SEAS. 

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N130W TO 25N140W. N OF 26N W OF FRONT W TO NW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 26N E OF 
FRONT TO 125W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N125W TO 20N130W TO 20N140W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N SWELL. FROM 11N TO 20N W OF 
135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N W OF 135W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 20N122W TO 
20N130W TO 20N140W. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL. TROUGH 20N128W TO 12N131W. FROM 12N TO 20N W OF TROUGH TO 
135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN N SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N W OF 132W SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. TROUGH DISSIPATING FROM 20N130W TO 
12N134W. FROM 12N TO 23N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.36 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 25N TO 30N AND N OF 
25N E OF 116W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1445 UTC SUN DEC 5...

SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 15N TO 18N BETWEEN 130W AND 133W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N79W TO 06N90W TO 
LOW PRES NEAR 08N105W TO 09N125W TO 07N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 121W AND 125W. 

$$
.FORECASTER COBB. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.