Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 15:02:21 -0600

999
ATHW40 PHFO 051843
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC SUN DEC 05 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC DECEMBER 05 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE ACROSS THE CENTRAL 
PACIFIC REGION BETWEEN 170W AND 155W. A SHARP UPPER LEVEL TROUGH IS 
LOCATED JUST WEST OF THE DATELINE...SPREADING COPIOUS HIGH LEVEL 
MOISTURE NORTHWARD BETWEEN THE DATELINE AND 170W.  THE SUBTROPICAL 
UPPER LEVEL JET IS LOCATED SOUTH OF 15N TRAVERSING BETWEEN 160W AND 
140W. 

WIDESPREAD LAYERED MID AND HIGH CLOUDS COVERS THE AREA WEST OF 170W. 
THIS AREA OF CLOUDS IS MOST DENSE AND NEARLY CONTINUOUS STRETCHING 
NORTH OF 22N ACROSS THE FAR NORTHWEST HAWAIIAN ISLANDS WEST OF 
MARO REEF. WITHIN THIS AREA OF LAYERED CLOUDS....ISOLATED EMBEDDED 
THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS TO 45000 FEET ARE FOUND. THESE ARE MOSTLY 
CONCENTRATED WITHIN 120 MILES OF THE DATELINE NORTH OF 15N. 
ELSEWHERE...THE CENTRAL PACIFIC IS COVERED BY AN ASSORTMENT OF 
SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW TOPPED STRATOCUMULUS DECKS...NONE OF THESE 
MORE THAN 100 MILES WIDE. 

OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...SKIES ARE MAINLY CLEAR...WITH 
SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS OVER THE WINDWARD HALF OF KAUAI...AND ALONG 
THE WINDWARD COASTS OF MOLOKAI...MAUI AND THE WINDWARD NORTH KOHALA 
COAST OF THE BIG ISLAND. A SMALL PATCH OF LOW CLOUDS COVERS THE 
SOUTH KONA COAST BETWEEN SOUTH POINT AND HONAUNAU AND EXTENDING 
OVER THE NEARBY COASTAL WATERS WITHIN 30 MILES. CLOUD TOPS ARE 
RANGING BETWEEN 6000 AND 8000 FEET...EXCEPT LOCALLY TO 10000 FEET 
OVER THE COASTAL WATERS. INDIVIDUAL CLOUD ELEMENTS ARE MOVING TO 
THE WEST NORTHWEST AT 15 MPH. 

$$

BRENCHLEY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.