Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 16:25:21 -0600

999
FZPN01 KWBC 052221
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SUN DEC 05 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 05. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 06. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 07. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 47N147W 980 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 48N147W 
TO 44N143W TO 39N142W TO 33N148W. WITHIN 180 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
39N TO 51N BETWEEN 140W AND 162W...ALSO WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED 
BY 59N169W...50N170W...40N162W...40N157W...50N157W...59N161W 
...59N169W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ALSO S OF 39N 
BETWEEN 140W AND 160W...ALSO E OF A WARM FRONT FROM 60N140W TO 
55N146W TO 50N148W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N151W 970 MB. FRONT WILL EXTEND FROM 
51N150W TO 50N140W TO 46N132W TO 39N129W TO 30N142W. FROM 41N TO 
50N BETWEEN 151W AND 161W WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 20 TO 34 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM W AND SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 NM E SEMICIRCLE...ALSO 180 NM 
N AND NE OF FRONT...AND FROM 34N TO 40N BETWEEN 135W AND 150W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N143W 979 MB. FROM 37N TO 41N BETWEEN 
141W AND 146W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 35 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 33N TO 43N BETWEEN 135W AND 150W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 33N174E 1001 MB MOVING N 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM CENTER 
TO 31N175W. WITHIN 420 NM N OF FRONT...AND FROM 34N TO 41N 
BETWEEN 172E AND 180W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 27 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N172E 994 MB. FRONT WILL EXTEND FROM 
CENTER TO 36N180W TO 32N170W. WITHIN 360 NM N OF FRONT...AND 
FROM 37N TO 44N BETWEEN 169E AND 175E WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 17 
TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM N OF FRONT...AND WITHIN 480 NM 
W AND S SEMICIRCLES OVER FORECAST WATERS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 20 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N171E 994 MB. FROM 37N TO 42N BETWEEN 
172E AND 179W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N168E 993 MB. WITHIN 420 NM N OF A LINE 
FROM 39N166E TO 39N170E TO 36N180W TO 33N173W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 36N130W 996 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM E 
QUADRANT...ALSO FROM 36N TO 39N E OF 128W...AND WITHIN 360 NM S 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 37N 
BETWEEN 122W AND 134W...ALSO WITHIN 300 NM E SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 45N132W 1000 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. FROM 43N TO 48N BETWEEN 
129W AND 132W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
42N TO 51N BETWEEN 126W AND 132W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.N OF 45N BETWEEN 166E AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 17 
FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 41N BETWEEN 166E AND 176E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 54N W OF 175W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 300 NM SW AND W OF A LINE FROM 63N173W 
TO 54N164W TO 50N164W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 54N BETWEEN 150W AND 160W WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 39N TO 57N BETWEEN 
150W AND 166W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N137W 984 MB. FRONT WILL EXTEND FROM 
CENTER TO 47N130W TO 40N130W TO 30N142W. WITHIN 180 NM N AND E 
OF FRONT N OF 35N WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM E SEMICIRCLE AND 240 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.N OF 63N AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 64N171W TO 58N164W AREAS OF 
LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF THE W COAST OF ALASKA OVER THE 
BERING SEA N OF 59N AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N OF 42N BETWEEN 
162E AND 175E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM E OF A LINE FROM 
59N176E TO 54N175E TO 46N167E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 46N W OF 167E. 

.HIGH 47N177W 1037 MB MOVING N 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N176W 1037 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N177E 1039 MB. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SUN DEC 05.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON DEC 06.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE DEC 07.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
BUILDING 9 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14N96W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. FROM 06N TO 
10N BETWEEN 102W AND 109W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE 
SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N96W TO 13N98W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N96W TO 
11N101W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.LOW PRES NEAR 08N105W 1009 MB. WITHIN 90 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 08N112W 1009 MB. WITHIN 90 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 09N116W 1010 MB. LITTLE CHANGE 
IN WINDS AND SEAS. 

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N127W TO 23N140W. N OF 26N W OF FRONT TO 137W 
W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 26N E OF 
FRONT TO 123W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE NW OF 
FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT IN N SWELL. FROM 
11N TO 20N W OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 28N W OF 133W SW 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF 
LINE FROM 30N122W TO 20N130W TO 20N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. TROUGH 20N129W TO 11N132W. FROM 12N 
TO 20N W OF TROUGH TO 134W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N 
SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N W OF 132W SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 123W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.30 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 25N TO 30N AND N OF 
25N E OF 116W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC SUN DEC 5...

SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 14N TO 16N BETWEEN 128W AND 135W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N78W TO 06N92W TO 
LOW PRES NEAR 08N106W TO 10N130W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 122W AND 127W. 

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.