Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 16:46:24 -0600

999
FZPN40 PHFO 052245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SUN DEC 05 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 05 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 06 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 07 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N178W TO 20N177E TO 16N168E MOVING NE SLOWLY. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 600 NM E OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.FRONT NEAR 30N160E MOVING E 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. 

.06 HOUR FORECAST NEW FRONT FROM 30N145W TO 28N155W TO 30N165W 
MOVING S SLOWLY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N142W TO 28N155W TO 30N169W. SW WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 150 NM SE OF FRONT E OF 146W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N146W TO 26N155W TO 30N166W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.HIGH 23N153W 1020 MB MOVING SE SLOWLY. RIDGE FROM 16N180W TO 
19N168W TO 28N160W TO HIGH TO 23N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. RIDGE FROM 23N140W TO 20N165W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE AREA.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 27N E OF 145W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF 26N W OF 175W...AND N OF 26N E OF 146W.
SEAS MOSTLY 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 19N W OF 174W AND N OF 09N
E OF 174W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 25N W OF 172E. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N150W TO 25N170W TO 19N160E. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT FROM 14N TO 24N E OF 149W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF 26N E OF 164W. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 17N160E TO 30N175W TO 24N155W TO 26N140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N160W TO 09N180W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ E OF 150W.

$$
.FORECASTER CRAIG   . HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.