Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 18:38:53 -0600

486 
ATHW40 PHFO 060038
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC MON DEC 06 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC DECEMBER 06 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE ACROSS THE CENTRAL 
PACIFIC REGION BETWEEN 170W AND 155W SOUTH OF 25N. A SHARP UPPER 
LEVEL TROUGH IS LOCATED JUST WEST OF THE DATELINE...SPREADING 
COPIOUS HIGH LEVEL MOISTURE NORTHWARD BETWEEN THE DATELINE AND 
170W. ANOTHER UPPER TROUGH IS SKIRTING JUST NORTH OF THE AREA NEAR 
35N145W. THE SUBTROPICAL UPPER LEVEL JET IS LOCATED SOUTH OF 15N 
TRAVERSING BETWEEN 160W AND 140W. 

WIDESPREAD LAYERED MID AND HIGH CLOUDS COVERS THE AREA WEST OF 170W 
NORTH OF 21N. THIS AREA OF CLOUDS IS THE RESULT OF TWO MERGING CLOUD 
BANDS THAT STRETCH FURTHER TO THE SOUTH. ONE BAND IS WITHIN 60 MILES 
OF A LINE FROM 21N178W TO 17N180...THE OTHER IS A BAND WITHIN 40 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 21N172W TO JOHNSTON ISLAND. THE CLOUDS WITHIN 
THE BANDS ARE MOSTLY LOW TOPPED WITH ISOLATED TOWERING CUMULUS TO 
25000 FEET.  WITHIN THE LARGE MID AND HIGH LAYERED CLOUD AREA NORTH 
OF 21N...ISOLATED EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS TO 45000 FEET ARE 
FOUND. THESE THUNDERSTORMS ARE CLOSELY ALIGNED ALONG A NORTH SOUTH 
LINE ALONG 175W. ELSEWHERE...THE CENTRAL PACIFIC IS COVERED BY AN 
ASSORTMENT OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW TOPPED STRATOCUMULUS 
DECKS...NONE OF THESE BROKEN CLOUD DECKS ARE MORE THAN 100 MILES 
WIDE. 

OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER 
THE LOWER SLOPES OF THE BIG ISLAND BELOW 9000 FEET FROM WAIMEA SOUTH 
TO KAILUA KONA TO OCEAN VIEW ESTATES AND EAST TO THE SLOPES ABOVE 
PAHALA AND WITHIN 5 MILES SOUTH OF THE SADDLE ROAD ON THE HILO SIDE. 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE ALSO COVERING MUCH OF THE PUNA DISTRICT.  THE 
CLOUDS EXTEND LOCALLY OVER THE COASTAL WATERS UP TO 10 MILES. FEW TO 
SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS EXIST ELSEWHERE OVER THE SMALLER ISLANDS AND 
COASTAL WATERS. LOW CLOUD TOPS RANGE BETWEEN 6000 AND 8000 
FEET...EXCEPT LOCALLY TO 10000 FEET OVER THE BIG ISLAND. INDIVIDUAL 
CLOUD ELEMENTS ARE MOVING TO THE WEST NORTHWEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH. 

$$

BRENCHLEY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.