Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 20:38:38 -0600

677 
ATPQ40 PGUM 060238
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST MON DEC 6 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SURFACE TROUGH CURVES NORTHWESTWARD FROM EQ129E TO END NEAR THE 
ISLAND OF SAMAR IN THE PHILIPPINES. SURFACE WINDS CONVERGING EAST OF 
THE TROUGH AXIS ARE HELPING TO PRODUCE SCATTERED SHOWERS AND 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS OVER PALAU BUT SOUTH OF YAP...OR SOUTH OF A 
LINE FROM 10N130E TO 9N138E TO 5N141E...EXTENDING TO THE EQUATOR.

A SHEAR LINE HEADS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N156E TO NEAR MINAMI TORI 
SHIMA AT 24N154E TO 21N138E. CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE 
PRESENT ALONG THIS BOUNDARY AND NORTHWARD TO BEYOND 25N.

A QUASI-STATIONARY TRADE-WIND TROUGH IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS 
AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF CHUUK FROM 144E TO 154E BETWEEN 3N 
AND 6N. 

ANOTHER WEAK WESTWARD MOVING SURFACE TROUGH IS PRODUCING MOSTLY 
SCATTERED SHOWERS IN THE WESTERN MARSHALLS NEAR KWAJALEIN FROM 
164E TO 168E BETWEEN 7N AND 11N.

$$

EDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.