Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 22:26:15 -0600

999
FZPN01 KWBC 060425
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC MON DEC 06 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 06. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 07. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 08. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 48N147W 975 MB MOVING W 10 KT THEN TURNING S IN 12 HOURS. 
WITHIN 180 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 18 TO 
24 FT. WITHIN 300 NM SW AND 240 NM NE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 30 TO 45 
KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM S AND 840 NM W 
QUADRANTS N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N149W 971 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW AND W 
QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 FT. SEAS 24 TO 34 FT. WITHIN 720 NM 
S... 600 NM W AND NW QUADRANTS AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM OF 
CENTER WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N144W 977 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S...300 NM W 
AND 180 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT... 
EXCEPT 12 TO 18 FT NW QUADRANT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 33N175E 1001 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 36N174E 
TO 31N170W. WITHIN 300 NM N OF FRONT W OF 165W E WINDS 30 TO 45 
KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE BETWEEN FRONT AND A LINE FROM 
36N170W TO 45N176E TO 45N167E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N170E 994 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
TO 30N163W. WITHIN 240 NM N OF FRONT BETWEEN 175W AND 170E...E 
TO SE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 
NM W QUADRANT AND BETWEEN FRONT AND A LINE FROM 35N167W TO 
45N179W TO 42N168E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N167E 994 MB. FRONT WILL EXTEND FROM 
42N164E TO 30N167W. WITHIN 240 NM N OF FRONT BETWEEN 177W AND 
170E...E TO SE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 20 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 180 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND BETWEEN FRONT AND A LINE FROM 
37N172W TO 48N170E TO 45N162E...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 
FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 52N165E TO 45N167E. WITHIN 360 NM E AND 480 
NM NE OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 40N W OF 178E...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 64N175E 1006 MB. WITHIN 420 NM 
SE QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 300 NM W OF A LINE EXTENDING FROM 
55N164W TO 63N172W NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 38N129W 996 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 NM E 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 52N145W TO 52N135W TO 
47N129W TO 41N127W TO 30N142W. WITHIN 180 NM E AND NE OF FRONT N 
OF 40N...WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 NM 
NE OF FRONT N OF 40N AND WITHIN 180 NM E AND SE OF FRONT S OF 
40N...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N138W WITH FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 50N130W 
TO 47N127W TO 39N129W TO 30N139W. WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT 
BETWEEN 48N127W TO 40N128W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
ALSO WITHIN 180 NM SE QUADRANT...BETWEEN 49N AND 53N E OF 140W 
AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT BETWEEN 35N AND 40N...WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 55N BETWEEN 152W AND A LINE FROM 
52N170W TO 40N158W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT S OF 46N 
AND 8 TO 18 FT N OF 46N.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION. OVER FORECAST WATERS E OF 
A LINE FROM 60N170W TO 30N160W...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST IN ASSOCIATION WITH LOW 45N149W. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 900 NM S AND W SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS SECTION. ELSEWHERE 
E OF A LINE FROM 52N173W TO 38N160W TO 33N140W...WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT...EXCEPT 18 TO 28 FT FROM 33N TO 37N 
BETWEEN 135W AND 155W.  

...FREEZING SPRAY... 
.NE OF A LINE FROM 63N174E TO 58N162W AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE 
TO FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 64N170W TO 58N164W AREAS OF 
LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 64N170W TO 58N162W AREAS OF 
LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N OF 42N BETWEEN 
165E AND 177E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
51N173E TO 46N155E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 46N W OF 165E. 

.HIGH 51N177W 1036 MB STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 54N177E 1040 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N123W 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER PROSISE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC MON DEC 06.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE DEC 07.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED DEC 08.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N96W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 14 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13N97W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N96W TO 10N101W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 
11N100W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 104W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 15N96W INCLUDING
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N 
TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 107W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.LOW PRES NEAR 08N109W 1009 MB. WITHIN 90 NM E SEMICIRCLE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 09N114W 1009 MB. WITHIN 90 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 09N119W 1010 MB. LITTLE CHANGE 
IN WINDS AND SEAS. 

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N124W TO 24N131W. N OF 28N W OF FRONT TO 131W 
W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW 
OF LINE 30N124W TO 25N130W TO 22N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 130W WINDS LESS
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. NW OF LINE 30N132W TO 
27N140W SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N121W TO 16N125W TO 12N140W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N130W TO 25N140W SW WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 08N TO 18N W OF 124W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 26N TO 29N AND N OF 
27N E OF 116W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC MON DEC 6...

SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 14N TO 17N BETWEEN 128W AND 131W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N80W TO 06N91W TO 
LOW PRES NEAR 08N109W TO 10N131W TO 07N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 126W AND 129W. 

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.