Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 23:25:18 -0600

454 
ATHW40 PHFO 060525
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC MON DEC 06 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC DECEMBER 06 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL LOW ABOUT 1825 MILES NORTH 
NORTHEAST OF HONOLULU AT 7 PM. THIS UPPER LEVEL LOW IS NEAR 46.8N 
148.9W. THE ASSOCIATED UPPER LEVEL TROUGH IS EXTENDS FROM THE LOW TO 
A POINT NEAR 27N 142W...MORE THAN 1000 MILES EAST NORTHEAST OF 
HONOLULU. 

THE SURFACE REFLECTION OFT HE UPPER LEVEL LOW IS NEAR 47.5N 
147.3W...NEARLY 1900 MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF HONOLULU. THE LEADING 
EDGE OF A LOW CLOUD BAND ASSOCIATED WITH THE FRONT IS ABOUT 490 
MILES NORTH OF OAHU AT 7 PM.

A WEAKENING UPPER LEVEL LOW NEAR 33.4N 175.1E...ABOUT 1840 MILES 
WEST NORTHWEST OF HONOLULU. A STATIONARY FRONT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS 
SYSTEM LIES NEAR THE DATELINE...AND THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUE TO BE 
FOUND OUT AHEAD OF THE FRONT. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND ALONG 
A LINE FROM 13N 180 TO 30N 172W. 

THE LAST VISIBLE IMAGES OF THE DAY SHOW FEW CLOUDS OVER THE SMALLER 
ISLANDS...AND A FEW THIN HIGH CLOUDS OVER THE GENERAL AREA OF THE 
MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. LOW CLOUDS TO THE EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND ARE 
MOVING FROM THE EAST BETWEEN 15 AND 20 MPH. NORTH OF KAUAI...THE LOW 
CLOUDS ARE MOVING FROM AN EAST SOUTHEAST DIRECTION BETWEEN 15 AND 20 
MPH.

ON KAUAI...SCATTERED CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE EASTERN THIRD OF THE 
ISLAND...WITH ADDITIONAL CLOUDS FOUND OVER THE WESTERN THIRD OF THE 
GARDEN ISLE. ON OAHU...THE LOW CLOUDS ARE OVER THE WAIANAE RANGE. 
MOLOKAI HAS CLOUDS OVER HALAWA VALLEY...AND LANAI HAS CLOUDS OVER 
THE WEST SIDE OF THE ISLAND. JUST A FEW CLOUDS ARE OVER THE SLOPES 
OF MAUI.

THE BIG ISLAND HAS THE MOST CLOUDS OVERHEAD OF ALL THE MAIN HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS. THE LOW CLOUDS ARE THICKEST OVER THE WESTERN SIDE OF THE 
ISLAND...WITH CLOUDS BLANKETING THE SOUTH KONA...NORTH KONA...AND 
SOUTH KOHALA DISTRICTS. THESE CLOUDS EXTEND UP THE SLOPES TO AROUND 
10 THOUSAND FEET. THE KAU DISTRICT ALSO HAS PLENTY OF CLOUDS 
OVERHEAD AT 7 PM. THE REMAINING DISTRICTS OF THE BIG ISLAND HAVE 
SCATTERED CLOUDS OVERHEAD.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.